Whistling carburetor

atomb

Petty Officer 1st Class
My carburetor is sounding like an alarm( a continuos long beeeeeeeeeeee type sound. It took me a long time to figure this noise out and finally realized its the carb. What is the reason that this happens?
I posted a few times about an alarm coming from my engine compartment and now i ve figured the darn noise out but what the heck? quite annoying to say the least. By the way this only happens at idle. maybe too much air is being sucked in. Just put on a new thick gasket -so thats not the issue because had the same problemo lastyear with different gsasket and manilod.

83Evinrude

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Whistling carburetor

Sounds like an intake leak of some kind, does the pvc valve rattle when you shake it? Not sure if a stuck one would cause this but worth a quick check anyway.

fishinpa

Petty Officer 1st Class

dont think youll find a pcv valve on there !

sounds like a vaccuum leak ,bad gasket somewhere , a cap or plug missing ,something is open that should not be ...

give a good look at and around the carb for any loose , missing etc.

could spay a lil carb cleaner or equivalent around that are while idling and look for a change in idle speed or the sound to go away when you spray it on the problem area !

fish

sethjon

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Make sure the carb was tightened down properly, not one nut at a time but rather a little on each one until tight. It could be sucking air.

atomb

Petty Officer 1st Class

alright good ideas, Hmm pvc nada,,Ill tighten the gaskets and use some carb spray and ee what gives, it sounds more like its coming from the center of the carb.

cr2k

Captain

It could be the throttle plate was not tightened. That would make noise from the carb.