My first boat! Starcraft!!

ski1559

Seaman Apprentice
Well,
My buddy was walking his dog the other day when he called me at work. There was a boat for sale in his neighborhood for $500.
Two days later, I became the proud owner of a 1964 14ft Starcraft aluminum boat. I also got a trolling motor, a 1960 18hp Johnson Seahorse motor and a trailer. I think it was a pretty good buy for $500.

Now the work begins!!!!!

ski

bananaboater

Ensign
Re: My first boat! Starcraft!!

Welcome, pics and all. Looks like you got a nice one. Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Great buy on a really good combo. That motor is a good one and the boat is, well, a Starcraft. Can't go wrong there.

Congrats.

dozerII

Admiral

Great find and a great buy, I need to find one like it for a small lake down the road from us.
Glen

motorpsykler

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome, you've got a nice rig there. Look around on this forum some guys have made those little boats look amazing. Have fun!

Huron Angler

Admiral

Nice rig ya got there ski! Welcome to the Starcraft fleet.

That is a very solid rig, three knee braces pushing back on the transom, and some high sides too. Should scoot right around with an 18hp.

Good luck with her:)

ski1559

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks. I got the trailer plates and have to get the registration done on tuesday. I brought the motor in to work to clean it up and get it going. I've been reading up a lot on what I have and what I 'd like to do to it. Hopefully get it in the water by next weekend.

ski

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Welcome! That's a real nice rig you got there.

ski1559

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for all the nice replys.
Currently I'm looking for paint ideas. Which type is best and what kind of color schemes to go with. I might just go with white again with a little accent color to make it "Pop".
Also looking to get some 100 year old barn wood, sand it down and stain/poly to give the wood seats a real nice look.

ski

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

A number of members here have had great luck with good old Rustoleum.

ski1559

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks!
Fortunately I have a buddy that has a body shop and paint booth, so I won't have to rustoleum it.

ski