Water in gas... Adice needed.

thedukeryan

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have 9 boats and winterized 8 myself. Not a single issues with them. The ONE that I took in ran great last year but now isn't doing a thing unless you dump fuel in the carb. I thought it was maybe a bad fuel pump but quickly determined that the tank is full of water. When I pulled it out of storage it had 1/2 tank so I thougt maybe it just needed some fresh gas. Even after topping it off I got the same thing. When I pumped some gas out it looked like watered down milk. Not good at all. My question is how does it get there and what do I do with 50 gallons of the stuff besides kill weeds. I read a very good write up stating that the whole condenstation thing is a myth and that it happens with looses caps, vents etc. My caps and vents where completely covered so I don't see how that could cause it. The boat has sat about 6 months. Also any sort of seperator or what not that will work? Besides burning the stuff what else can you go with it?

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Water in gas... Adice needed.

Give it BACK to where you got it from.See if you can get a credit:D:eek:

thedukeryan

Petty Officer 1st Class

60 gallons of gas at $2/gallon. I should make them come pump the crap out. I am pretty sure I hit the bottom of the barrel and pumped a bunch of crap into my tank. Think enough fuel additive and maybe a water seperator would atleat be enough to get it good enough to run?

bhammer

Ensign

No way. You will need to get rid of it. I read once of a guy who filled up a 55g drum with water fuel. Then he siphoned from the top to get gas and used that in lawn equipment and sold a bunch to his lawn service company for a buck a gallon.

ExxWhy

Seaman Apprentice

Poor lawn mowers, they always get the best gas. :)

ENSIGN

Lieutenant Junior Grade

See if you can locate a engine that runs on water! Pump out the tank and clean the entire fuel system.