Keeping Trim Tabs and Power Tilt from Fighting - Proper Trim/Tilt Operation on I/O

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Keeping Trim Tabs and Power Tilt from Fighting - Proper Trim/Tilt Operation on I/

Hey... Got any Scarab stuff that ''fell of the loading dock'' before you left that might be up for sale now? :D

One thing to be noted in all this ''go-fast talk'' is that one need gobs of power and/or technology to squeeze out another 5 MPH. Oh, and a boat load of money.

The puns are free. :)

Phil,
That was, uh, 10 years ago this month! Besides, all the sorry-*** stockroom workers just chucked what they wanted to steal over the fence and came back and picked it up later!!!

So, from looking at you pic, you either have a 26 or a 29. About the biggest twins you could stuff in a 29, and it was a VERY tight fit, were 350 MAGS. 600HP VS 415 for the stock 502 MAG, not a bad trade-off, pick you up a few MPH (had to overcome the extra outdrive drag), but a 29 setup with a 600SC and a stand off box would have been the deal! We were installing a motor on the 33s that Volvo teamed up with Innovation to build, a 600 that was a TRUE 600 PSHP motor to battle the 600SC, twins in a 33, 93 MPH on the GPS in the same conditions heading north and south off of Longboat/Anna Maria...ahh, the good old days!

Spent the rest of '00 'til Feb 06 at Stamas Yacht, been at Proline since then...
cheersemoticon.gif

Bob C

Philster

Captain
Re: Keeping Trim Tabs and Power Tilt from Fighting - Proper Trim/Tilt Operation on I/

Nice story! I always liked a single-engined boat. Sort of a water sports car. I love the twin-engined beasts, but more in a "look at the cool race car" kind of way. Wow... Does make you realize how much power is needed to crack certain speed barriers.

I got me a 1996 Scarab 26 back in the fall of 2009. Was racked its whole life and never painted. 502 Merc. There is such big a Scarab following, it is like a little boating subculture!

colsoncj

Seaman Apprentice

Scarabs are sweet boats!!! I looked at one, but came across this baja with twins and really couldnt pass it up.

and ya, go-fasts are not for the faint of wallet.... next on the list will be a new transom and either some 600SCIs or rebuild and blow the 454s... the list never ends.

Philster

Captain

He has the bug! ^^^^ :D

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

Those Volvo/Innovations were sweet motors, every bit of them painted BRIGHT red, had an exhaust note totally different than the 600 SCs.

Had a whole boat replacement insurance deal on a 38 Scarab. Seems the guy from Jersey had just had the motors and drives pulled for freshing up when the warehouse the boat was stored in burned down...yeah, right! Anyway, twin 1300HP Merlins! I'm 6' 2" and those motors were as tall as I was!

Ahh, the good old days...:D