60 hp 3-cyl HELP

ray914

Seaman
Okay everyone I've went to great lengths to make this a pleasant experience.........BUT now that I get everything together and working on my engine and it looks real good it's only running on the bottom cylinder? New trigger assembly, plugs and switchbox any ideas? Grounds and wiring have been cleaned and checked. Plugs are wet when I take them out of the cylinder yes it's getting gas. They fire pretty and blue out of the cylinder also. While it's running I can take the top two plug boots off no change also 150 psi on each cylinder????????????

ray914

Seaman
Re: 60 hp 3-cyl HELP

FOR SALE 60hp-3 cylinder 1986 had enough....................It'll be on Craigslist Florida Jacksonville Sunday May 9th 2010. with a 19' Carolina skiff set up for flounder gigging very clean boat 1996 year 1965 model. It has whipped me. Fish are biting NOW..........

Last edited:

oldgradywhite

Petty Officer 1st Class

You may have gotten a bad switch box. Then no real way to test them but thats the road I would start down. I feel your pain my boat is sitting in my yard and no one can seem to figure out what wrong with in. I would also check the coils for reistance.

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander

Have you checked out your stator? Particularly high speed windings?