Boat filled with vegetation

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I dunno... think maybe some seeds got in there or something? Heh.

plstrg.jpg

scipper77

Commander
Re: Boat filled with vegetation

I can't say it's never crossed my mind to use the boat as a utility trailer!!

2 by 4's don't fit nicely into my truck but fit great in the boat!!

Rocky_Road

Lieutenant Commander

Didn't Mercury try to appeal to the younger market back in the '60's...with a line of outboards that they advertised had "Flower Power"?

You might have something of value there...!

CATransplant

Admiral

I use my boat as a utility trailer all the time. It's great for hauling tree prunings to the composting site near me, and I can lay sheets of plywood across it or lumber lengthwise. The guys at the yard give me a funny look, but it works great.

Can't load a piano into it, though.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Actually, I transported all the flowers in the back of my Audi with room to spare.

When I got home, I needed a place to get them off the ground and away from the rabbits until we plant them tomorrow. So, I just stuck 'em in the boat and watered them thoroughly. Didn't realize that it looked like a multi-purpose boat function.

BUT! I HAVE used a boat as a utility trailer in the past. Picked up a washer and dryer combo in my Bass Tracker back in the 80s. :D

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

When you plant them ..... they will be at rabbit level :confused: unless you are going the window box route

Capt'n Chris

Chief Petty Officer

I dunno... think maybe some seeds got in there or something? Heh.

plstrg.jpg
If you live where there is a strict Homeowner's Association where boats cannot be parked in sight, tell 'em its a planter. I actually did that a few years back with a square stern Grumman on a trailer in the drive with a flower pot on the front seat. The Assn. Management had issued a warning and my idea worked.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

When you plant them ..... they will be at rabbit level :confused: unless you are going the window box route
We have some rabbit-proof fencing, which I will recommend... but my GF is just hoping the rabbits will leave stuff alone. Uh huh... yeahhhh, that's gonna happen! :D

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Well, my GF is out there planting right now and I was going to cut the fence to size. However, she bought 1" mesh PLASTIC fencing, not wire.

She's putting the Salvia closest in on the circular bed, followed by Geraniums in the middle, with the Marigolds on the outside border.

Do ya'll think the rabbits will chew through the fence in order to get to the plants inside?

bassman284

Commander

But then they won't be confined to the pots and will have a better chance to escape.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Ours has been a cottage furniture hauler on occasion.

rjwoodrome

Petty Officer 1st Class

Your gf could ask the rabbits very politely to leave the flowers alone:rolleyes:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Well, I talked her into exchanging the plastic fencing for the wire stuff. MUCH better! I may cut the height down a bit for aesthetics.

Planted, watered and mulched... but no fence.

tb1.jpg

And fenced with the good stuff!

tb2.jpg