Chief Petty Officer
up in the 70's....50's......80's.....

now its 38 degrees and snowing :mad:

i guess finishing the garage should be on the list :/

ziggy

Admiral
Re: weather?????

snowing? bummer.

i'm bummed at the weather man too. he's been saying all week this weekend is gonna be highs in the mid 70's and lows in the high 40's. sunshine too. made me some plans for an overnighter for this weekend too.
now it's gonna be high 60's w/wind and low over night of 40. :( might get up to 69 with maybe some rain tomorrow. :(
still think i'm gonna do my overnighter. find out how tough i am. i've not gone down to 40 over night before. with winds.

hope the temps don't take the fun out of it..

if i do it.... ?

as for the snow at 38*. i've seen it here in NE. too. weird too. snowing and it's not freezing out... that's pretty amazing..

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Keep your snow up there! ;)

I just wish all the wind would stop...... 3rd day in a row where it has been over 30 mph.......

We know that even if we get a foot of the white stuff it will vanish in 2 days...... remember the storm we had a few years back on April 27th!

cedarjunki

Chief Petty Officer

have fun ziggy.........any time away is better than sitting home!
i cant wait to hit a couple ponds for a weekend....but there still hard here :(

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Yep, weather is pretty uncertain right now. Just got home from a business trip in Alabama. Weather was great when I left and cold when I got home. Just don't know when to pull that winter cover off the boat right now ???

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

...... remember the storm we had a few years back on April 27th!

Yes I do. Had the cruiser docked two weeks prior. That was the second weekend stay over on it. Woke up to notice it was a bit dim in the cabin. Opened the cabin door and stepped out on the back deck and it was snow covered. The docks, boats, and everthing had several inches of snow. However the local Bass Tournement went on anyway that weekend. By about 2pm, the snow was gone.

ziggy

Admiral

have fun ziggy.........any time away is better than sitting home!
thanks cj. and your right. anything is better than sitting at home. been doing that all winter and i'm plenty tired of that.. hope ya have some good fun at the ponds...

That was the second weekend stay over on it. Woke up to notice it was a bit dim in the cabin. Opened the cabin door and stepped out on the back deck and it was snow covered.
so ss. was that pretty cold inside your boat? do ya got heat on your boat? i don't. though i don't think it's gonna snow on me. (in NE ya can never tell though, snowed last week in western NE) but 40* is getting down there. gonna take some extra cloths to bundle up with. hopefully get by with that till the temps rise later in the day..

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

so ss. was that pretty cold inside your boat? do ya got heat on your boat? ..

I use a small 110v electric heater. Keeps it plenty warm, I use a lower setting as it will get too hot sometimes. When I redone the interior, I used the 2" poly insultation on areas where I could plus I made insulating panels to go over my windshield. Helps keep things warm when its cold out and helps the A/C when it is hot out. I have a programmable stat in the cabin so it is always comfortable when we show up to spend our weekend. When it is hot out, the cabin temp can soar a bit over 100*. My wife likes it comfortable as she won't stay onboard if its not.......SS

ziggy

Admiral

ss, man, your all set to go boating. sweet set up with the heat. way to go. i think i read in oops thread that he put him a heater in his new boat. said he loved it if i remember right.

man, i gotta figure something out for a heater. (dream on) sure sounds nice.
guess i'm gonna rough it... hope i don't turn into an icicle.. i should be good to go though. they raised the est. over night low tonight from 40 to 42. a heat wave... :D

Shamus O'toole

Petty Officer 1st Class

Was in the lower 80's today....water temp up to 72 today.....sorry about you luck northeners.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Thursday it was 93 here yesterday 41 give me break..........

cedarjunki

Chief Petty Officer

winter here was way too easy! hardly any snow at all, temps werent all that bad either.... its making up for it now with rain and crappy weather..
making it rough working on the rigs without a closed up heated garage :(