mercury115 power trim bleeding

richard1969

Seaman Apprentice
i have the tilt and trim system with the type B mercury system,2 that push out to trim then 1 that takes it all the way. can some please tell me how long it takes the air to get out of the system as its self bleeding and how to do it.At the moment it trims the first 2 cylinders fine then hits the big 1 and just squeals and stops.if i leave it 5 mins or so and try trailling up it edges up in stages but does go up and same coming down until i hit the 2 bottom cylinders and stops.for me to get the trim down fully i have to open the manual relief valve.am i doing the right thing by opening that ie am i letting the presure out?? i have added atf oil the red stuff and i personally just think its air in the system as i have no leaks and it holds the engine without any drop over 4 days. Please help. Richard

narvlebenoit

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: mercury115 power trim bleeding

on my 90 h.p. theirs a air bleeding screw under each ram.

richard1969

Seaman Apprentice

Is there a bleeding screw on the tilt cylinder that pushes all the way up and is that under the cylinder.

richard1969

Seaman Apprentice

also,i thought it did not have a limit switch on the unit but now having second thoughts due to it stopping when both the trim cylinders are up and when it comes down it hits the trim cylinders and will not go all the way down. Please if anyone has this engine and power trim on a brown band engine and can share any help please do so.ie do i have to have the engine running for it to work proper,do i have to bypass anything in the engine relays? i really do think i am doing something wrong and need your help guys. Richard

narvlebenoit

Petty Officer 1st Class

the engine don;t have to be running for the trim to work right.