How Fast

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Re: How Fast

WOW.... now that is goofy..... kinda makes me think of "the emperor's new clothes"...

Seats for 15 sleeping space for 2 and a 5 gallon head.

825 hp should run out pretty good but not a rocket sled on something that big... maybe 70 ish.... lotta weight there... friend of mine has a 27' donzi ZX with a stepped hull that runs about 70 with a 7.4 and a bravo.... Real smooth ride but hole shot is FAR from impressive...... just smooth and fast

I would expect a real similar ride on that one

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

For that price i would want something more practical I think.
How fast ????.....a little more than "brisk" :D

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

actually that is a great price for that boat. very popular style for Southern Florida. 38 ft, 3 legs in the water, that is a lot of drag. our new to us 28ft Aquasport Cuddy, 2-225 4 stroke Yammy's will run 50 with not problems

NYBo

Admiral

Probably at least fast enough to get you to the next fuel dock.:p

mpsyamaha

Petty Officer 1st Class

i seriously doubt that boat will get more than 60mph. guy i know with a 36 yellowfin (similar stepped hull) and triple 300 verados runs high 60s. its a center console, no cabin or anything and has 75 more hp.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I agree ^^^^ and probably not 60 . . . Looks very heavy the way it is set up.

mphy98

Lieutenant

I had a friend back in the 70's in Tampa that lived in the Armenia Garden apartments that had a donzi. It was wicked fast. I mean 80 mph was the top end. It was a very stable boat (even when the occupants weren't). So that thing should hit 70 easily. More like 80 to 90 with the right props on it.

mphy98

Lieutenant

Donzi's are pretty much racing type of boat. Put 2 blade speed props on those bad boys and you will not get a hole shot out of them to save your life but... they will have a high top end. Only a fraction of the boat is in the water at full throttle. I have been in one and it was fast, speedo did read 78mph. That was back in the 70's I can only imagine that they now go faster.

robert graham

Admiral

We see a lot of these Donzi's, Fountain's, Cigarette's, etc. on the St Johns River running from Jacksonville and they're really flying, you can hear them coming a mile away and see those rooster tails!..Where these guys get all this money?...thought we were in a recession or something!...and they're burning $4.25/gallon marina gas!...Oh well, guess poverty builds character!

blairjbyrd

Petty Officer 2nd Class

it is a sweet boat. For that price I could buy some many diffenets things then that. that boat is not my style.

Prob does mid 60s

livin4real

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I really just love the setup of it. Plenty of room for people and room to crash in if wanting to as well. I'm not big on the second row seating, those folks not being able to see but looks like there is plenty of seating elsewhere. I can't imagine the gas bill that comes along with this thing :eek:

livin4real

Petty Officer 2nd Class

And did anyone notice the mansion in the background? :cool:

Philster

Captain

We see a lot of these Donzi's, Fountain's, Cigarette's, etc. on the St Johns River running from Jacksonville and they're really flying, you can hear them coming a mile away and see those rooster tails!..Where these guys get all this money?...thought we were in a recession or something!...and they're burning $4.25/gallon marina gas!...Oh well, guess poverty builds character!

Ahhh... how the media twists our perceptions of reality. A recession benefits people who remain gainfully employed (with some exceptions).

You know who is in a recession? The extra 5.5% of the population (national average) that are unemployed. Some areas of the country are seeing growth, some areas have 15% unemployment. It averages out to 10% unemployment.

A recession can benefit individuals. It's the reaction -- the fear -- that keeps people from buying boats, and misc luxury items. The balance sheet for the individual looks better during a recession if they stay employed, get a low-rate mortgage, refi their cars, pay off debt with consolidation loans at all-time low rates.

It's not a broad, all-sweeping 100% true fact for all people, but generally speaking, the employed consumer benefits during a recession. It's the fear... the over saving and overall consumer mood (consumer confidence index) that weakens sales, and then hurts corporations, creating a spiral that is hard to beat.

Great deals on boats... boat slips.... sales and interest rates that are great, etc. Heck, I need a new tow vehicle. Without this recession, I could NEVER consider a F150 or Tahoe, etc. The interest rates and lack of discounts and rebates would stop me.

Heck, my boat was a steal because of the recession... because the owner, although employed, reacted to fear.

::steps off soap box::

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

I can't find an advertised speed anywhere.

They just say it's faster then 60 mph.