$5.00 Arriva

Cyclone

Seaman Apprentice
Just took ownership of this 20' Arriva today, been sitting out, uncovered since 95.
============================================================
photo-88.jpg

photo-87.jpg

photo-86.jpg

photo-89.jpg

photo-90.jpg

photo-91.jpg

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: $5.00 Arriva

Well, I gotta admit the powerhead looks OK...

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Oh....The fun and hard work begins....:eek:

All it needs is a new floor,transom,interior,trailer,ect,ect....
Best of luck with it...:)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

The good news is those Arrivas are gorgeous hulls. All fixed up it will look like a new boat.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... I'd say you got Exactly what ya paid for....

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

If the price of bee honey goes up, you did good!

Good luck. Look forward to the "after" photos.

Maxum21

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've always liked those boats design. Very sleek looking and curved winshield. theyre design was ahead of thier time. I believe it was bayliners higher end sport boat.Your going to have your work cut out for you. good luck with it

Philster

Captain

If you part it out.... makes sense.

Rebuilding it? Not so much...

Good luck either way!

mphy98

Lieutenant

It is still worth more than you paid for it. A little elbow grease, a lot of wasp spray, a lot more wasp spray and you may have something there. Good hull design.

Glassport from Newport

Seaman Apprentice

If you can't afford much, just like me, then this boat will be worth it. I learned a lot from rebuilding my 1988 Glassport 165. Everyone told me it was a waste of time & money, but I couldn't afford anything else. I took my time and did the work I could afford to do. Afetr 3 years she was on the water and I sold her a year later to upgrade to a 1991 Bayliner Capri, which I love & think is a beautifully styled boat.

My point is, the Glassport sold for $2000 which is exactly what I paid for the Bayliner. I only had a total of $1800 in the Glassport and it needed a new 3.0 block, interrior, floor, and 1 stringer when I first bought it.

I really appreciate the guys on this forum, but their opinions don't always fit. If you can't afford much at all, the hard work and patience is well worth it. That Glassport gave us 1 season of family fun, (it was our first boat) that got my wife & kids addicted. And it was a perfect stepping stone for upgrading to the Bayliner. Our goal is to eventually have a Sea Ray 215 Express cuddy, but the Bayliner is a great boat that has proved itself and will last until our goal is reached.

Have fun with your new venture and it will look awesome when complete.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

might not be too terrible if the plug was left out and it was stored bow-high......Lets hope anyways. I admit, I woulda bought it too just to do it.

Cyclone

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the comments.
Got the motor fired today, sounds good. Started gutting the interior, mushy floors and foam. Tentative plan is to remove floor & soggy foam, replace floor, set up for fishing. Been reading and learning alot on this forum. Many questions to come, will post more pics soon.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Thanks for the comments.
Got the motor fired today, sounds good. Started gutting the interior, mushy floors and foam. Tentative plan is to remove floor & soggy foam, replace floor, set up for fishing. Been reading and learning alot on this forum. Many questions to come, will post more pics soon.

Looking forward to seeing the progress.
Are you going to give the motor a good service and health check ???

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

Thanks for the comments.

...and the stringers and the transom.....

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

To be brutally honest with you, even though the hull looks like it would be very pretty, you will likely end up with a nice boat for much less money if you take the motor and controls off that, sell the hull, then buy a hull missing a motor. Doing a full restore is just plain costly. If you want the experience of it, then by all means, but don't expect it to cost less than someone looking to offload a decent hull.

mickjetblue

Chief Petty Officer

Cyclone - you're a brave dude.

Sounds like you got your 5 back, and a few more,
with the motor running.

Good luck, and have Fun!
;)

Mikesan

Cadet

Nothing a little Simple Green and Turtle Wax won't be able to fix!

Have fun with the resto.