3-stage Vs Continuous Rocker?

redneckboater

Seaman Apprentice
So here's my question...
Im going to buy a new wakeboard this season (currently have a cheapo wakeboard some kind of continuous rocker) because I just installed a new wakeboard pylon on my '89 19ft Bayliner. The wake is moderate in size and im an intermediate level wakeboarder. Im wanting a lot of vertical pop for tricks so should I go with an aggressive/subtle three-stage rocker or continuous rocker? Any suggestions (pros/cons) would be awesome!

Thanks,
Kyle

sebber83

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 3-stage Vs Continuous Rocker?

Hey Kyle,
I currently ride a Ronix One, so 3 stage rocker, and I really like the pop it gives, can get much higher off any wake with it. The 3 stage rocker also feels a little more forgiving for harsh landings and I find it easier to go from regular to switch in flat water because it feels like the middle part of the board dosnt dig in as much. Just my 2 cents tho. Your best bet would be to hit a demo day and try some out!

redneckboater

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks sebber!

As for what you said thats what I seem to be understanding from websites about the 3-stage rocker but I like to get a feel from some actual people rather than just a radom webpage... Any body else have some 2 cents to offer?

Thanks Again

kyle f

Chief Petty Officer

Don't forget there are also hybrid rockers now. 3 stage board with continuous outer edge. Cuts are fast as a continuous boards and pop is consistant with a 3-stage. Once I rode one, I was hooked. I ride a Hyperlite Murray, awesoem control and pop.

bowler

Petty Officer 1st Class

i bought my first board about 2 years ago, liquid force ps3 so aggressive 3 stage and have no complaints so far! all the guys i board with use 3 stage.

redneckboater

Seaman Apprentice

Wow thanks guys,

I really appreciate all the info. I've heard of the hybrid boards and a lot of good things about them. Im definately going to go with some kind of three-stage now. Should I go with a mellow or agressive? I hear the agressive is a little more sluggish than the mellow but offers excellence POP is that true?

Thanks again!

bowler

Petty Officer 1st Class

I couldn't comment on that. All the pro boards I looked at were agressive 3 stage so that seemed the obvious choice - plus I got a really good deal via e-bay. Someone else may be better able to comment but having rode a variety of other peoples boards (cont & 3 stage) i didn't feel the agressive 3 stage was sluggish in any way - maybe a more skilled boarder would notice those subtle differences (but that's not me!)

D.