Hydraulic Trim Motor

MTribe08

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hey..I am doing some restoration to my deck and I need to take the trim motor out. Upon hooking the hoses back up, will the system "self Prime" itself? Also, there seems to be minor leak right around the base of the motor where it attaches to the oil reservoir, is there a gasket there, that can go bad? Over time a film of oil will be present.

Thanks

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Hydraulic Trim Motor

Yes, it's self bleeding. Just run it up and down a few times. There is an oring between the reservoir and the pump.
There is a service manual up in the Adults Only sticky for your pump. #14 (drive manual)

MTribe08

Thanks don, I think I downloaded that at some point, but I'm out in the boat working, so I thought I'd bother you guys:D

Thanks for the help Don;)

havasuboatman

Ensign

The oil may foam up a bit on you. If it does, you will want to let it sit for a while, then run it up and down again to make sure you get all of the air out. If you have to add oil, be sure to fill the resivoir with the drive fully down/in.

MTribe08

The oil may foam up a bit on you. If it does, you will want to let it sit for a while, then run it up and down again to make sure you get all of the air out. If you have to add oil, be sure to fill the resivoir with the drive fully down/in.

Thanks, I will take note of that when I get everything hooked back up. Right now I'm trying to figure out the leak situation...The area where the motor meets the reservoir doesn't have a tight seal, and I think thats where the oil is leaking from..not sure how to tighten it. Gonna have a look at the drive manual and see what it says.