ARE YOU HAVIN FUN.!!!!!!!!
Time for a BBQ, my place next weekend. :D

trendsetter240

Lieutenant
Re: Olympic Hockey Wager

This is getten kinda pizzy!!!!!!
ARE YOU HAVIN FUN.!!!!!!!!
Time for a BBQ, my place next weekend. :D

I am havin fun! Soon to be heading downtown Vancouver to continue celebrating. I'm not pizzy...just don't think it's fair to try and play down team Canada's accomplishment.

Cheers~! to BOTH teams:D

trendsetter240

Lieutenant

How do you like your RIB EYE!!!!!!!:D
and how do I get this stupid computer back on the english setting ?????????:eek:

Press Ctrl and Shift at the same time. You may need to do it twice.

And I like my rib-eye medium rare thanks;)

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Rbh, A BBQ ? I thought we were all going out on your boat ? didn't you get my entry for the contest? The little misses and I already have the plane tickets ;)

Bigprairie1

Commander

Sorry about the delay in response guys...I was at a buddy's house who has one them ol' big HD TV thingamabobs.
Wow....great game and the first thing I want to say is Congrats to the U.S for showing us one heck of a game!!!!:eek:
Hats off to Ryan Miller!!!
As for some of the boo's that were heard from time to time at the end...that wasn't against team U.S..that was when they zoomed in on a few Canadian politicians....no harm no foul.
This was a great game and I don't think hockey fans could have asked for a better finale' (dependent of course) with things going into overtime in the Gold Medal Game.....whoa Baby!!!!!
I have to say, both those teams are champions...one for winning the tournament and the other for the way they played and held their game up.
Congrats to all!!!;):D
BP:):cool:

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Hey Rbh, A BBQ ? I thought we were all going out on your boat ? didn't you get my entry for the contest? The little misses and I already have the plane tickets ;)

NOPE, you snooze you loose-:D
I would be happy anytime to show my "I boat" BROS around the interior of BC, we have some great boating, And I would hope I and the wife could see some of your boating destinations.
Rob

shuswap119

Seaman

Thanks for coming out USA, we needed someone to play in the final and it might as well have been the US.

Lets get those flags flying!

Way To Go Canada!

Regards,

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

As for some of the boo's that were heard from time to time at the end...that wasn't against team U.S..that was when they zoomed in on a few Canadian politicians

LOL

It wasn't boos, it was Lou's

But yeah. They sure did shoot to Harper a lot. About half the time it looked like Gretzky was explaining the game to him.

aspeck

Staff member

It was a GREAT game ... but beaten by my own Crosby! Geez!

Well, the bright spot is I will be off the forum for a couple of weeks so I won't have to look at the Canada flag in my avatar too much! ;):p:D

Congrats Canada on your win!

Bigprairie1

Commander

It was a GREAT game ... but beaten by my own Crosby! Geez!

Well, the bright spot is I will be off the forum for a couple of weeks so I won't have to look at the Canada flag in my avatar too much! ;):p

Congrats Canada on your win!

Aspeck...look at it this way, in 10 years or so you are going to hear "Crosby to Gretzky back to Lemieux....SCORES!! the U.S now leads 3-1. Noting that all these guys settle in the U.S usually with American wives and kids...and their kids will probably be playing for team U.S.A...so there is more sharing going on than sometimes meets the eye.;)
Oh well, we'll just have to keep up the fight up here in the great white North;)
All Good, congrats to all!!
BP:)

DaNinja

Lieutenant

LOL

It wasn't boos, it was Lou's

But yeah. They sure did shoot to Harper a lot. About half the time it looked like Gretzky was explaining the game to him.
It was great that they were cheering for Lou everytime that a medal was awarded to a member of the American team.
GO LOU!!
Congrats Team Canada!!

Bigprairie1

Commander

One thing that was great was the video feed out of Kandahar showing the Canadian and U.S troops sharing the game (I'll assume at one of the Canadian bases??). Anyhow, one of the signs they had said something like united in conflict....not in hockey. :)
Cool stuff...and good neighbours...still.

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade

congrats to our american cousins for playing such a great game!the plus side of this game for me was i wont have to endure ophra,connan,jay leno or a presidential visit or a miricale on ice 2 movie,lol.just joshing guys ,it was a good game ,none better.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

It was great that they were cheering for Lou everytime that a medal was awarded to a member of the American team.
GO LOU!!
Congrats Team Canada!!

There is always going to be ***"S in all crowds.
In the eye"s of all people here as well as 99.9999999% of the people in Vancouver.
The US put up a great game and has all our respect!!!!!!
I, like you would have no time or respect, for pizzz azzez like them.
MY FOOT THEIR, @ INCH HOLE!!!!!!
ROB

Bigprairie1

Commander

The Lou thing was what it always is, and what it is always misinterpreted as....which is boo's which it is not (except for the politician thing).
The U.S team via the Canadian coverage was given a very rightful positive cheer heard throughout the stadium....fully deserved. :)
This clear and loud cheering was particularly evident (again on the CTV coverage) when the goalie Ryan Miller was given his medal....great goalie and named the MVP of the tournament....good on him and congrats.
Good games all in all....I'm lovin' it!!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Our friends from England called as soon as it was over to tell us what a great game it was. They have been watching all the games over there.
A very fitting final.