Olympic Hockey Wager

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Olympic Hockey Wager

Just back from the gold mine job, got paid with lead . :p
anyways "HOCKEY", 82-nothin in womens hockey, if it was Canadas womens team playing the ????, you know the scoreboard would have broke!!!!!!!
HAHAHA, JA (one for heinz):D

Bigprairie1

Commander

Ok, today at 4:30 it's time for that extra game that comes as a result of that last loss to the U.S. So time to take on the Germans.;)
Luongo is in net now (good move) and this may be a very good opportunity to dial in some new lines and dial out some past mistakes. Personally I think the chance to play more hockey is a good thing for the fans, the game and Team Canada.:)
Me, I'm looking forward to the game and I do believe Canada will put this one in their pocket.;)
BP:)

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

I'll be leaving work early.

Not worried about todays game but I am worried about the Russians.

And I'll be leaving work early tomorrow for the womens Canada/US game as well. Watched Canada win last night and they looked good but were up against a hot goalie. Only won 5-0.

Bigprairie1

Commander

All right!! Canada over Germany 8-2. Good game and definitely dominated by Canada...which was good to see...but not a really big surprise. Importantly Luongo looked confident and I'm hoping he starts the game tomorrow against the Russians.
I was glad that Canada played that extra game...I think it has helped them improve their team play. Another couple of minor highlights was Rick Nash getting on the scoreboard with a nice goal. Now, it's Getzlaf's turn to light it up...and the Crosby, Iginla thing with Staal I'm likin' alot.;)
As well tomorrow (I think) is the U.S vs. Switzerland...that will be interesting. Don't count out the Swiss, they get better every year.
So everyone the fight for the finish continues....keep pushing, keep cheering!!
BP:):cool:

puddle jumper

Captain

I only caught the last period. Canada was in very good control that I thought was good. The extra game was a good thing for us to get our priorities strait.
Now all we have to do is beat the Russians and we will be all good again.

Go Canada go:D

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Good game played by Canada. Luongo played well. Keep him in tomorrow. Play as a team and quit the fancy shmancy individual stuff and all should be well.
My 2 cents.

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

Wow.

Halfway through the second and no score.

What if the US doesn't advance?

And (as much as I hate to do this to myself) if neither the US or Canada advance, then we go to the head-to-head record and the US beat Canada.

Bigprairie1

Commander

Wow.

Halfway through the second and no score.

What if the US doesn't advance?

And (as much as I hate to do this to myself) if neither the US or Canada advance, then we go to the head-to-head record and the US beat Canada.

Yeah, wow the U.S vs. Switzerland. I think a lot of people are underestimating a lot of teams in these Olympics and Switzerland, for one, has been lovin' the underdog role. Remember they sent Canada into a shoot out a couple of games ago. I didn't think that this game or any game for that matter was an automatic win.:eek:
I'm trying to find some sort of live feed for it...maybe from CTV. Otherwise I'm going to check in on it every 10 minutes or so.:)

Bigprairie1

Commander

Quick Update
U.S and Switzerland still tied 0-0 after two periods...heading into the 3rd period shortly. Obviously a close game and it appears that CTV.ca has a live feed for those interested in watching it.:)
....goin' to be interesting.:eek:;)

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

Well. You squeaked one out.

Your on to the medal rounds and we have Russia to contend with.

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade

That one came down to the wire, but hey the US is into the next round! I have a feeling they will be playing the Czech team in the next round, that will be a nail biter!

Good luck Canada! You guys have a real test!

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

Starting soon.

Got home in time. Got the beer. Gonna order pizza.

Go Canada!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

So who are our USA friends going for this game ???

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Well, a great first period from Canada. Let's hope they can keep it up.

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

4-1 after one period

Pizza on the way

Gonna need more beer!