Another New Member

Stormwind

Recruit
Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I live in upstate NY, on the NY/VT border. I only have a canoe (a 15' Coleman) and a 9' sailing dinghy (don't know the brand), but someday I hope to own and live aboard either a Nordic Tug or a cruising houseboat. I would have A LOT to learn though, so I'm glad I found this forum! :)

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Another New Member

yep, welcome.....

sounds like ya've got yer foot in the door for boating to me. way to go. anything to get out on the water is great...

your dream is admirable for sure. i have the same dream. though in my case, it'd surprise me if i get there. i think the dream needs to be backed by big piles of cash.... which i don't know where i'd get that personally.

along with learning from this forum. ya might get the book chapmans seamanship and boat handling. it's got a ton of info in it... also hook up with the uscg aux or us power squadron for some classes. both will offer much more than just the safety classes that most take. i went the power squadron way and got up through advanced piloting. i just can't even start to tell you how much there is to know. way more than i learned even going though as many classes as i have. there's still much to be learned. have fun with it and enjoy...

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Since the bridge is gone..... that canoe may be the quickest way to VT ;)

Welcome to iboats neighbor!

pduquette

Ensign

Welcome Stormwind ! Most of my friends swapped their tinnies for canoes last summer - guess its the trend ! Always fun too ! Enjoy ! peter

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Welcome aboard. Great place to be for all things boat !!:)

Stormwind

Recruit

Thanks for the welcomes and advice, everyone! I'm glad to be here.

FBPirate95

Master Chief Petty Officer

Welcome aboard......I bet you can get a 150hp on that canoe if you tweek her right. LOL. JUST KIDDING!!!

nlain

Commander

Welcome aboard you have found the place to be.

Blackhorse62

Recruit
Welcome Stormwind

Welcome Stormwind

:)Welcome to the site from the great upstate NY area of Saratoga Springs.I've only been boating for three years..there's nothing like it!Your plans for the future sound great...don't let up on them.

LadyFish

Admiral

Welcome aboard fellow Upstater! I'm originally from the Adirondack Region.