The Big Game!

skargo

Banned
Re: The Big Game!

Hey now, don't start that crap. I'm mad enough already. Y'all got your stimulus package, now enjoy it and don't rub it in.

Sorry for your loss dude. Be confident that you have one of the all time greats under center, they'll be back again before too long.

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

Since this is my thread, I guess I can be the "cop" in here. I know the "real team" coment was made in fun, but I really don't want to see this thread become like the Saints/Vikings thread.

The Colts disntinguished themselves all season and they have done it many times before this season. Payton Manning is also A QB with exceptional skills, as Brett Favre has been, over the years.

I believe that the Saints won this game because they outplayed their opponent, but that should not be taken as a belief that Indy did not play well. They played exceptionally well and provided the Saints a level of comepetition that I'm not sure that any other team could have.

I made a point of wishing Colts fans well at the beginning of the thread because I wanted to the comments to remain focused on what is good about sports. All in all, I think we have done so and I want that to continue so ....

Thank you to Indy & the Colts for being great competitors!

WHO DAT!

???

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Well said Jay.
Let's keep it respectful.

MRS

Commander

I hope it is a great game not a blow out no matter who wins (Indy):D:):D:)

Hey it is a sport and I for one loved the (Game) and the best team of the day won and that is the way it should be. Congrat's to Dat Saints:) P.S. did any body in Orleans go to work today:D

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

..... P.S. did any body in Orleans go to work today:D

I think some companies allowed a day off and at others, there was a lot of "Monday Morning Flu." I keep kind of funny hours (as you can tell by the times that I post), but went to Baton Rouge today to meet with someone.

BTW, I heard on the radio while driving there, that this year's SB was the most watched television event out of any that has ever been broadcast. It apparently beat stuff like the MASH finale and the Seinfeld finale. The number that was being broadcast was 106 million viewers.

???

FishyFish

Chief Petty Officer

What more is there to say? The Saints played an Outstanding Game, The Colts have nothing to be ashamed of. I really enjoyed watching them both!
Hats off to the Saints, well deserved.....Preseason is just 6 months away, are you ready?....Muhahahahaaaaa!

Fish

skargo

Banned

What more is there to say? The Saints played an Outstanding Game, The Colts have nothing to be ashamed of. I really enjoyed watching them both!
Hats off to the Saints, well deserved.....Preseason is just 6 months away, are you ready?....Muhahahahaaaaa!

Fish

I'm ready! Training camp in July, can't wait!

MRS

Commander

Preseason is just 6 months away, are you ready?....Muhahahahaaaaa!

Fish

Oh yea bring it on:) Plus there is still some Hockey to be played. But again Congrats to Da Saints......:)

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

Hey Jay....I'm thrilled that the Saints won, but that party has been going on for almost four days, don't you folks ever sleep?...:D

skargo

Banned

I can wait. Because when the regular season starts, summer is about done around here....:(

Yes, you make a good point, when the NFL gets in the thick of it, boating is done. :(

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

Belated congrats Jay.

I picked the Colts but rooted for the Saints.
When Porter scored with 3 min. to go our living room erupted.

N.O. really deserves this. Drew and team have done so much
for the moral of your city all season. He said he felt it was "his
calling" to sign with the Saints. After the game he said the thing
that made him the most proud was that N.O. crime rate was 0%
when the Saints were playing.

And.....one of the greatest Super Bowls ever played.

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

One of our local characters is a radio talk show host by the name of John "Spud" McConnell. His show is on WWL AM 870, which is a Louisiana station, but can be heard throughout most of the country at night. This is the station that most of us stayed "glued to" before, during and after Katrina, because the coverage was good and done with direct understanding of the place and what was going on.

As many of you probably know, the day before Ash Wednesday is referred to, in Mardi Gras parlance, as Fat Tuesday or Mardi Gras Day. Always the goofball, Spud has been calling yesterday (Tuesday and the day of our Saints homecoming parade) "Dat Tuesday" and "Lombardi Gras Day." He's also been calling the days of the week, "Sundat, Mondat Tuesdat, etc."

Friends of mine, who know that I am from the NE primarily, sometimes ask me why I moved to New Orleans nearly 20 years ago. I could give a bunch of reasons, but the sense of humor and fun that exists here is a big part of why I did. I guess it fits pretty well with my "former corporate executive gone nuts and become a rock-n-roll hippie," existence.

I think we are all a little nuts here - heck you'd have to be to come back after what Katrina did to this place. We are also very passionate about a lot of things and the uproar that happened, after the NFL tried to "own" the phrase "Who Dat," is a good example. What Sean Payton, Drew Brees and the rest of the Saints get, is that this isn't just a football success to us. Its about pride, after not having all that much to be proud about for a long time. These guys are like family to us and we are proud of them in a way that you might be proud of a son or a brother.

So, today will forever be Wednesdat in the Who Dat Nation and we will always remember Lombardi Gras Day on Dat Tuesday, when the soldiers of the Black & Gold came home and rode through town on borrowed Mardi Gras Floats, to receive the thanks and admiration of a city, state and region.

WHO DAT? DA SAINTS DAT & WE DAT!