My Boat Mystery

Ryp1

Recruit
I purchased a 28' inboard boat and can't figure out the make and model it is. I think it is a 1972. According to any info I have so far it was manufactured by Galveston Bay Boats in Houston Texas, who is no longer in business. It's a nice boat with a lot of potential but not if I can't find out any of the pertinent information. If you have any ideas at all. Please let me know. Thanks Tim

Attachments

• 10 Jan the Berrington Boat 006 (Small).jpg
    10 Jan the Berrington Boat 006 (Small).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 0

gypsysoul

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: My Boat Mystery

The hull number on the back outside of the transom is the first place to start. that will give the year and some info on the boat. what other kind of info are you needing. a few more pics of the boat and I am sure somebody on here will recognize it and and help. :cool:

Ryp1

Recruit

Thanks for the reply. We have this number OWG495280272

Attachments

• 10 Jan the Berrington Boat 008 (Small).jpg
    10 Jan the Berrington Boat 008 (Small).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 10 Jan the Berrington Boat 002 (Small).jpg
    10 Jan the Berrington Boat 002 (Small).jpg
    65 KB · Views: 0

Ryp1

Recruit

when down today to look at the boat again and did not find anything that will help. on the hull upper right corner I did find a number stamped in the fiberglass but none of them match anything that are on the reg on one of the crome plates on the flybridge I did find the name SEA LUX but I do not know if that mean anything or not. I have not found it online at all there is nothing else on the boat

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer

I wouldnt sweat it too bad...you may never find anything out about it...what kind of info are you looking for? Unless you're the purist type that needs to restore with all original parts just fix her up and have fun....Boat parts are pretty generic just buy what you need.

mphy98

Lieutenant

: OWG495280272
Model Year: 1972
Certification Year: 1972 (February)
Manufacturer: GALVESTON BAY BOATS INC
Manufacturer City/State: HOUSTON TX

this is what I boats vin decoder says about the boat vin

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

Is the number you say is "stamped in the fiberglass" the number yoou gave us? That is the number for the boat..... If your title has a different number then it is not for this boat..... the number on the upper right transom is the one you need

Jeep Man

Commander

There is an old registration number on the hull. Have you checked previous registration for info?

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander

I like her lines :). And that 70s-era strobe depth sounder takes me way back to the one my dad had on our boat.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Is the number you say is "stamped in the fiberglass" the number yoou gave us? That is the number for the boat..... If your title has a different number then it is not for this boat..... the number on the upper right transom is the one you need

+1

Coukl be something fishy about this transaction.

Ned L

Commander

Its nice to see the good size keel & skeg under her (indications of a well built boat). You may have found something quite good there! What engine is in her? - Good Luck.

Ryp1

Recruit

the engine is a 360 chry and it has a volvo v drive. looks to have been winterized and the motor turns over by hand now I just have to figure out how to move it , dosen't come with a trailor