T-top windscreen

Popeye USN

Cadet
Anyone know where you can order a clear plastic/vinyl windscreen for open coxpit shallow water boats with a t-top? I've seen them for golf carts.

robert graham

Admiral
Re: T-top windscreen

My brother-in-law got one made for his T-Top by a marine/upholstery shop. It's a clear sheet of flexible vinyl that attaches at the top and rolls up or down with metal snaps to hold it on the front T-Top tubes. He rarely rolled it up except in real hot weather so he could get a breeze. If I was going to put one on I'd just use a piece of clear rigid plexiglass and fasten it on with a few sheet metal screws and forget about rolling it up and down. That's what I use as a windshield on my rail buggy and it works fine. You can clean the plexiglas with a rag and some WD-40 to make it clear. That T-Top windscreen is really nice during a heavy rain storm! Good Luck!

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
Re: T-top windscreen

Lots of places sell them but most are custom. Shop around the boating canvas shops. Think about gull wings, too; they are a great addition.

There's a lightweight clear cover that goes from the bow to the T Top but it doesn't look very strong for running. Saw it in some of the boat supply catalogues on-line.