Fore !!!

gonefishie

Commander
Re: Fore !!!

Surely they showed the Gatorade commercials in B.C, remember this jingle?
Be like Mike, I want to be like Mike.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

The reason stars(sports, Hollywood or otherwise) are put on pedestals, is because people want live vicariously thru(that word ought to drive someone nuts!) them. We all want to be someone we're not. If your a golfer, you want to be the best in the world. Since you can't be, you put a part of yourself in a person, such as Tiger, and imagine you're doing the things he does. Some just take it one step too far. And when they find out their hero has issues too(I don't want to use the word human since most of these falling stars do things that are beyond what a normal person would do) they're crushed. Present company not included. Even tho(another one) I find it sad, I also find some humor in all this that people get sooooo wrapped up with these "stars".......

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Surely they showed the Gatorade commercials in B.C, remember this jingle?
Be like Mike, I want to be like Mike.

Yes, I know, but I also know that its been awhile since he played, and theres not alot of hero worshipping to be done getting chased around by Charlie Sheen in a underware commercial.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

my only opinion on this would be towards Tiger as a man.

yeah he's a hot shot golfer, young, good looking kid, single, oh wait that's right he decided to stop the hunt. found a beautiful wife and made a commitment.

yes he says no to more women in one day then most of us will have a chance to say no to in a lifetime, but he chose his commitment.

no sympathies for him at all. I've been in her shoes, it doesn't matter if you're a billionaire or a dollarnaire, it sucks. rich or poor if you want to be judged as a good person you need to honor your own commitments. all the money in the world won't make you rich if you don't have personal value.

i did hear a strip club wants to use him as their spokesperson. seems fitting.

gonefishie

Commander

Yes, I know, but I also know that its been awhile since he played, and theres not alot of hero worshipping to be done getting chased around by Charlie Sheen in a underware commercial.

I'm not saying I "hero worshipping" him now, my basketball playing days are long gone. Have you seen the one where Charlie backed into a parked car? funny stuffs.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

I'm not saying I "hero worshipping" him now, my basketball playing days are long gone. Have you seen the one where Charlie backed into a parked car? funny stuffs.

yes, that was a funny one, I dont know if hero "worshipping" was the right word, but you know when a athlete gets older and not on the top of his/her game anymore they're place on the sports totem pole goes from the top to the bottom fast due to age or injury??????
This is more of a personnel faul
just a thought
rob