concealed carry permit

cribber

Lieutenant
Re: concealed carry permit

Y'all have crooks in Wisconsin??? I figured they all moved here to central Florida... LOL!!! :D:D:D

Knightgang

Lieutenant

I often keep a small widdle 38 special hidden under my drivers sear just in case I have to have it but its not out in public. Because Im not carrying it around I figure I dont need a carry permit. Its not one of these big ole nasty 45 "make my day" things . You can almost hide in in the palm of your hand just a little thing.You would have to give the car a good search to even find it.Im the only person that needs to know where it is anyway. The only people that would ever see it would be when I had to draw down on them and thats very unlikely to happin.

Check your states Gun Laws. They may specify the locations within your vehicle where you can carry without a permit and anywhere else in the vehicle would require one.

In GA, until recently, the glove box or center console were the only places you could carry without a permit, unless it was in a locked box or packed into luggage. Even a door pocket was considered concealed, but they recently changed that to allow carry anywhere in the vehicle without a permit...

You may need one, depends on how your laws read...

Knightgang

Lieutenant

Taken from this link http://www.jus.state.nc.us/NCJA/ncfirearmslaws.pdf
NC Firearms laws, Dec 2007, NC Dept of Justice.

North Carolina law does not specifically address how to transport a weapon in an automobile. Therefore, the central question becomes: when is the weapon concealed and readily accessible to an occupant of an automobile? Obviously, a weapon would be concealed and readily accessible, and therefore in violation of North Carolina law, if it were placed in such areas of a vehicle as under the seat of the automobile; in a bag in the back seat; or in some other manner is covered or hidden within the easy reach of an occupant of the vehicle. Itis our recommendation that firearms should not be carried in a glove compartment regardless of whether the compartment is locked or not.

While a weapon carried openly in an automobile would not be concealed, there are
other problems specific to this method of carrying a weapon. The principal drawback, of
course, is in the event of an individual being stopped by a law enforcement official, the
officer may not readily know that individual's purpose and intent for carrying a weapon.
As such, it is imperative that an individual immediately notify an officer of the presence of any weapon in the automobile, for the officer's and the vehicle's occupants' safety. Another obvious drawback is that a valuable weapon may be in plain view for potential thieves to see.

The prohibition to carrying concealed weapons applies not only to handguns and other
weapons commonly thought of as being easily hidden, but also to "long guns" as well.
Therefore, shotguns and rifles concealed behind the seat of pickup trucks, and elsewhere in other vehicles, could similarly violate North Carolina law.
As to those vehicles with no easily discernible trunk area (i.e., vans, etc.), the question arises on a factual determination of when the weapon is within ready and easy access to an occupant of the vehicle. If the weapon is concealed near, in close proximity to, or within the convenient control and access of an occupant, which would allow him/her to use the weapon quickly, then a fair probability exists that the occupant is in violation of the law. Therefore, care must be exercised by any occupant of any vehicle to ensure that weapons are securely locked away in as remote an area as possible, in relation to the passenger compartment of the vehicle. It is important to emphasize that these prohibitions apply to passengers, as well as drivers of any vehicle.

This may have changed since Dec, 2007, but this is all I could find in the last few minutes.

My recommendation to anyone that carries, even in their vehicle, is to go ahead and get a permit just to be on the safe side...

SuperNova

Lieutenant

My feeling on the legal issues are summed up easily......if you don't know your own state's gun laws, then not only do you have no business carrying a gun..... you probably shouldn't even own one. Educating yourself on your individual rights and obligations under the law should happen at least somewhere between the decision to get a gun and the actual purchase.

TexMojo

Seaman

i live in Ft. Lauderdale Florida. im having a tough time finding a holster for the gun i plan on carrying concealed. i guess the Taurus Millennium Pro .45 is not a very popular gun. ill find something , ill just have to go to different gun shops and try different holsters. i was looking for something that goes under my arm below my armpit.

Im just curious, you live in florida and want a shoulder carry, do you guys have that many days of jacket weather? LOL