Wanting to buy aft bench for a 26' Santa Cruz

MVB

Recruit
Anyone wanting to sell an original bench for a 26' Carver Santa Cruz, please contact me. Will a pay fair price. 515 450 2010.
Mel

DAVECAD2.0

Cadet
Re: Wanting to buy aft bench for a 26' Santa Cruz

Anyone wanting to sell an original bench for a 26' Carver Santa Cruz, please contact me. Will a pay fair price. 515 450 2010.
Mel

Did you ever find one? Same boat, 1980 model. I would love to have one too.

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

What does it look like? I'm considering removing the bench from my Santego.

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry, mine is different.

heschin911

Recruit

I don't think you can find them anymore, and anyone who does have them, wants to keep them. I was thinking of taking two directors chairs, removing the back and armrests, and cutting the legs. Then measuring a cloth square to fit the area on each side of the engine cover cushion. This would end up being the top and bottom pieces of the square pillows I'm going to sew and stuff. I will then take the makeshift pillows and have them covered in similar colored vinyl by some one who knows what they're doing at an upholstery shop. (edge beading included) Using a staple gun, I will affix velcro "hook" to the chair frame and stick "loop" to the cushions, but only at the corners. Once velcro points are in proper position, I will sew the loop to the cushions. THEN... using the staple gun I will attach carpet protectors for the dining room table legs, to the wood ends of the chair legs to protect my fiberglass deck.
Folds away when not wanted! Leave the canvas of the chairs on so the cushions don't sag. Cut felt and glue to carpet protectors so staples don't scratch deck.
Or you could just find some cool chairs!! :cool: