what steering cable ?

gman57

Recruit
1989 Ranger 361v rack/pinion steering. One cable bad, morse 300620 0144 red in color, I'm quessing 12ft long ? What and where can I order cable and since there are two seperate cables is this dual steering. My helm has two gears on it. Many types of cables to order it is hard to tell what to order. Want to get back on the water fishing is great.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
Re: what steering cable ?

Well, I'm just one of the homeless that hangs out down here, but I know you can't order it from Dockside. One of the mods will be along shortly and move this to the proper forum, or one of the boat people may come along before that and answer your question.

mern

Cadet
Re: what steering cable ?

about 8 weeks ago here in Richmond,Ky two guys were severely injured when a sterring cable broke during a bass fishing tournament. The boat was traveling at high speed and struck the bank. After six weeks, one of the men was still in intensive care while the other one had been moved to a nursing home. Certainly food for thought. Checked mine, looks good. Encourage everyone else to do the same.