Yamaha F115 oil pressure indication

Triton II

Commander
G'day fellow iboats people,

Been a long time since I could get on, but a change of ISP has cured that.

Anyway, I've bought a new boat with a 2009 F115. Square digital gauges are fitted. The motor runs perfectly but I can't get the oil pressure gauge within the tach to work. There are no other indications or problems and there is plenty of oil pressure - it's just the gauge or sensor I think but any ideas appreciated. Thanks,

Triton II

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: Yamaha F115 oil pressure indication

You have a PM.

Shouldn't the dealer who sold you the package fix it? Sounds like a wire (or loom) is not connected. Someone may correct me but i think these digital gauges are plug & play.

Triton II

Commander

Err, yeah - he's now 1000 kms away. I guess I'll have to go to a local dealer and go for warranty.

BaileysBoat

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Unless the gauges are command link no oil pressure reading, only a light and alarm.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

for the US market the only square digital guages are command link.
if yours are command link they flash a welcome message when key on power is applied.
if its command link oil pressure in kpa or psi isnt the default setting.
you will need the command link operation guide,should have been supplied, to change the display mode.

Triton II

Commander

OK, thanks, I get the welcome message so I'll check the book - thought it must be operator error! D'Oh!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

you have command link.
I cant say if the non US market stuff is the same as US market stuff but I think Micro soft designed it.
its that confusing.

Triton II

Commander

Thanks Rodbolt - you're a mine of information as ever. I'll let you know how I get on with playing with the gauges - I've managed to do everything so far except for the oil pressure indication and trying to make the fuel flow read in litres per nautical mile. More manual reading and fiddling coming up this weekend! Cheers...

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

when in doubt
push buttons :)