Winterizing '91 OMC King Cobra 454

I am winterizing my 454 King Cobra myself for the first time. It is 23' Chris Craft 227 Concept bowrider.Can anyone give me some direction on how to do this? I previously had this done by the mechanic who had done all the work on this boat. I have moved out of the area now and need to get this done right away and don't have time to find a new mechanic. I have tried to find the service manual but have not been successful (any help with this would be great as well).

a70eliminator

Captain
Re: Winterizing '91 OMC King Cobra 454

If anything, drain water the block, manifolds, and outdrive unit, all of which have drain plugs that you remove, use the search tool on the browser and spend a couple hours reading it's all there.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... Find All the Drains,+ Drain it...

There's a Block drain on each side of the block, down low, about mid-block, just above the oil pan...
Each exhaust manifold has to be drained,...
Pull the Big Hose off the water circulating pump....
If you have P/Steering, there's a Cooler that needs draining somewhere,...
And,...
I don't do OMCs, muchless King Cobras,.. So, there may be more draining to do,...
I donno...
I have tried to find the service manual but have not been successful (any help with this would be great as well).
Ayuh,.... OMC is Dead,+ Gone,... Over 10 Years ago,.....
You're riding a dead Horse,... I've never seen any resourse for the King Cobras...

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Make sure you use a piece of wire and poke in each drain to make sure all the rust comes out with the water.
The PS cooler should be on the starboard side,under the exhaust manifold.
Remove the hose from it to the thermostat housing and drain.

This may help you more...http://www.mediafire.com/?mzdzzqjmdzd