where can i sell my outboard near boston?

flcmariner

Recruit
hi, i live near boston and have a 1990 9.9 only fresh water used mercury mariner outboard that runs fine and has no scratches or damage. it was only used on ossippee lake for 5 years and has sat the rest of the time. will a local marine store buy it for cash. i want cash on the spot.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: where can i sell my outboard near boston?

i want cash on the spot.

Ayuh,... While a Marina might buy it,... you'll get More Cash selling it on craigslist or something...

pmillar

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm sure you could find a marina that would buy it at the right price. Their "right price" is likely well below what it's worth to you given the time of year, the fact their business is slow and they don't want to tie up cash and come spring time they need to sell it at reasonable profit. It would have to be a very low ball price. Your best bet, imo, is to post it for sale on the area craigslist(s)

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

Craigslist

lprizman

Chief Petty Officer

try a pawn shop,,if you need quick cash,,you will get 25% of it's worth on cash,,
as others said craigslist

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

ebay..... you need a broader audience where the weather is better. Tough to sell any marine stuff in New England (or up North) with the cold weather upon us. You will take a beating on what you could make on the motor now as compared to the fair weather months.