Hello fellow Doral-ers......

Snobike Mike

Petty Officer 1st Class
Didn't realize there was much activity here in the Doral forum.

We just bought a 210 Sunquest at the end of August and we're loving life.

To be perfectly honest I had really wanted a Chaparral but in the end I didn't think another $12-15K more money for the same size boat was worth it.

It's been winterized and the dealer was surprised we were at the 20 hour mark already.

6.5 months till splash time up here in Canuckville.

Cheers.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Hello fellow Doral-ers......

Welcome to the Doral section. Best section on the board in my opinion (but I am biased)
Guy near me has a 21ft Chaparral and just can not sell it. He has had it for sale for the last 2 seasons.
So how about some photos of your baby ???? We love photos. Check the photos of our old girl further down the section.
So where in this great land of great beer are you from ???

Snobike Mike

Petty Officer 1st Class

So where in this great land of great beer are you from ???

We're in Newmarket Ontario.

This is us taking delivery.
Boat4.jpg

Our First boat getting bottoms wet for the first time....

Boat1.jpg

Our first time to Beckwith Island in Georgian Bay
Beckwith8.jpg

Anchored at Beckwith
Beckwith1.jpg

Ma boy chilling on the boat
Beckwith6.jpg

Coming back to the Doral Marina
Beckwith4.jpg

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Great photos, thank you. Nice outfit you have.

Did you check out our old girl's photos out yet ??

Snobike Mike

Petty Officer 1st Class

Did you check out our old girl's photos out yet ??

She looks great.

I wish everybody would take good care of their stuff like you do. I keep my stuff mint as well. If I had my way I'd put everything I have in a hermetically sealed box so that it would stay perfect but unfortunatley life happens so all I do is try my best.

Richie086

Cadet

Hi Mike,

That 210 is a real beauty. Great photos and best of luck with it.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

She looks great.

I wish everybody would take good care of their stuff like you do. I keep my stuff mint as well. If I had my way I'd put everything I have in a hermetically sealed box so that it would stay perfect but unfortunatley life happens so all I do is try my best.

Thanks Mike.
You won't be sorry you got a Doral.
Roll on spring !!!

Maps

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Very nice pics !

2008 was the last year of production for the sunquest models . Now it's all about the Elite series wich for me are priced out of reach he he

Snobike Mike

Petty Officer 1st Class

Very nice pics !

2008 was the last year of production for the sunquest models . Now it's all about the Elite series wich for me are priced out of reach he he

Yes, 2008 was the last year for all Doral's smaller boats. I think they are pretty much stopped on production now for all their boats unless they get orders. They closed the entire plant where they made the smaller boats.

I actually much prefer the Sunquest over the Elites. I find some of the styling cues to not be that great and they tend to be underpowered and therefore slow. Of course Elite does get you a bigger boat but that does indeed translate into more money.

Cheers.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

They closed the entire plant where they made the smaller boats.

I think they will start up again if things pick up enough. There are a lot of Doral fans around that do not want and cannot afford a huge boat. (Me for one)

sebber83

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Doral is the awesome, we have a 95 br185 and it runs better, looks better and sounds better than alot of boats 2000 and up I see on the river all the time. Just too bad they are pretty much out of the smaller boat market. We are looking at getting a 20-22 footer this summer, probably bow rider again but we would like a ballast system for wakeboarding, seems like Doral left the lower market! sniff sniff

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Doral is the awesome, we have a 95 br185 and it runs better, looks better and sounds better than alot of boats 2000 and up I see on the river all the time. Just too bad they are pretty much out of the smaller boat market. We are looking at getting a 20-22 footer this summer, probably bow rider again but we would like a ballast system for wakeboarding, seems like Doral left the lower market! sniff sniff

I hear you.....we are going to be looking in the new year. Seen a few nice looking Citations around that we may look in to for weekend cruising. No chance of us selling the old faithful 164 though. Keep that for the cottage. Best all around ski, tube, drag and fishing outfit around. Surprises a lot of folk with their newer outfits as they see our wake and smell the 2 stroke.

Philthyphil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Welcome, we have the littlest Doral. We use it at the cottage and it is just fine. Winter does not suck, boats and bikes put away, sleds are ready to go!!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Welcome, we have the littlest Doral. We use it at the cottage and it is just fine. Winter does not suck, boats and bikes put away, sleds are ready to go!!

Come on now Phil, there are 2 versions smaller than yours !!!
That means there are 3 versions smaller than ours !!!

Snobike Mike

Petty Officer 1st Class

I used to sled for a number of years but with kids and poor winter conditions around here I gave it up.

Approx 140 days to go till bottoms wet!

Philthyphil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Come on now Phil, there are 2 versions smaller than yours !!!
That means there are 3 versions smaller than ours !!!

I thought our 15ft 6in Colt was the smallest one. Anyway it has been a much bigger boat than it seems for us. A wet bottom on Ahmic in summer is a good thing......not in winter . I hope to be up to the cottage next week and I really hpoe there is no slush on the lake. On a sled that really suks.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I thought our 15ft 6in Colt was the smallest one. Anyway it has been a much bigger boat than it seems for us. A wet bottom on Ahmic in summer is a good thing......not in winter . I hope to be up to the cottage next week and I really hpoe there is no slush on the lake. On a sled that really suks.

Check the brochure out Phil. I bumped the thread to the top for you.