Finally, my boat videos! Enjoy.........

Fordiesel69

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Here is my old 74' Sea Ray SRV190 w/ 4cyl:

http://outdoors.webshots.com/video/3025530400044425697MQyZnf

Question, this was a full throttle plane and I did trim up once up to speed. Does this seem to plane OK for a 4 cyl? I know it is whimpy and am not sure how it really should plane. Top speed GPS is 27MPH. S.....L.....O.......W?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my 90' Bayliner Capri w/ 5.0L (305) 200HP:

http://rides.webshots.com/video/3043308650044425697QHNOkl
http://rides.webshots.com/video/3036097990044425697DJhYoC
http://rides.webshots.com/video/3015996480044425697yqJgDC
http://rides.webshots.com/video/3000091430044425697QKExOs

There is no question this thing planes easy. Top speed is 56 SPEEDO, and 52 GPS. Its almost immediate. How was my trailering? That was my 3rd time doing it and I think I am comfortable at it now. It sure beats stopping and roping it up on the trailer.

superbenk

Commander
Re: Finally, my boat videos! Enjoy.........

Here is my old 74' Sea Ray SRV190 w/ 4cyl:

Ok, everytime I read abbreviated dates like 74', I think 74 *foot* and then it takes me a minute to reconcile a 74ft boat with a 4 cyl engine. Shouldn't the apostrophe go *before* the date since it's the '19' that's getting lopped off? Like '74?

'74 = 1974
74' = 74 ft

I'm done being pedantic now :)

captmello

Captain

You're Bayliner is really flying! But it looked like you were running at 5500 RPM. Seems high.

I test drove a 19 foot bayliner a couple weeks back and noticed how quick it planed out. Must be the hull design.

I like the old Sea Ray. What RPM are you hitting @ WOT?

superbenk

Commander

Question, this was a full throttle plane and I did trim up once up to speed. Does this seem to plane OK for a 4 cyl? I know it is whimpy and am not sure how it really should plane. Top speed GPS is 27MPH. S.....L.....O.......W?

I don't know, but my 1980 19' Century with a 140HP 4 cyl gets ~34MPH top speed if that helps.

How was my trailering? That was my 3rd time doing it and I think I am comfortable at it now. It sure beats stopping and roping it up on the trailer.

I'm certainly impressed. I can't get this maneuver right to save my life! I am constantly ending up in the water wrestling my boat after failing to drive it onto the trailer right.

Fordiesel69

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yep the little ' symbol does belong in front of the year. Its just my bad habit, sorry.:eek:

The 56MPH on the speedo, my tach reads about 4800 to 5000 RPM which is a little high. But I do not run there long, just for the video. I can play with the props next summer when I have time to borrow a few. This is one reason I chose this boat, the hull design is quick to plane, and I also hear is quick to rot out too!!!!!!!:D:D:D

The sea ray was about 4200RPM WOT, it really won't go over that without a prop change. My prop is also damaged but I can;t replace it this year due to money and the fact I want to cram in some boating before snow!!!!! Again I only run about 3200 to 3500 normally which give me about 21 MPH - 23 MPH GPS. On the video I also has a full bilge, I found out my pump runs but does not pump water. I took on lots!!!!! I have to find where it is coming in. I think the swim ladder is splashing it in the rear vents as I see it coming up over the back. I may take it off and plug the holes.

As for trailering, I watched a guy do this with twin outboards, and will never do it any other way. What I found (and I am a newbie myself) is to go in kind of hot, and throttle down right before the trailer so you coast in. If you chicken out and throttle down too early, you have no steering ability. The other thing is, start far back away from the trailer so you get a feel for the current drift, today when I did it, there was very little current, so it went right in. The sea ray is even easier to trailer as its steering is way better at slow speeds.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

That's how I trailer my boat everytime too, never have done it any other way, I winch it up and put chain on and pull her out of the water so others can use the ramp. I thought 5500 rpms was a little high too. Good video!

captmello

Captain

The 56MPH on the speedo, my tach reads about 4800 to 5000 RPM which is a little high. But I do not run there long, just for the video. I can play with the props next summer when I have time to borrow a few. This is one reason I chose this boat, the hull design is quick to plane, and I also hear is quick to rot out too!!!!!!!:D:D:D

I rewatched your video. I had the gauges mixed up.:rolleyes:

Now that you got these two going, looks like your ready for another boat.:)

Fordiesel69

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Funny you should mention, I looked at a '79 Silverline tri hull 17' bowrider today. $1500 and it runs. Too bad I already have 2 boats. Looked nice.

ziggy

Admiral

hum, looks like there's no replacement for displacement to me here.
i'd be bummed about the performance of the searay too. you'd be hard pressed to waterski behind that assumin ya were puttin the hammer down... for a man that's lookin at other boats, i see the searay on the coppin block...;)
the bayliner looks fun... a cuddy too. +++

Fordiesel69

Lieutenant Junior Grade

BTW, on the bayliner, tach is on left, speedo is on the right.