ski ropes

kthkollar

Seaman Apprentice
hello. when you buy a ski rope does it get tied directly to the back of the boat or is there a connector rope that would get tied to the boat and then to the ski rope. Thanks everyone

grahamh

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: ski ropes

What kind of boat do you have? Usually with an outboard or a I/O drive, you use a harness that clips on to the transom hooks on either side of the motor. Then the ski rope clips onto the harness.

I'm not sure how it works if you have a pole or a tower, but I would think that you just connect the rope directly.

rjlipscomb

Chief Petty Officer

Your boat determines the set-up required.

My boat (Bowrider I/O) has a hook that the ski rope attaches to directly. Most boats of this type are similar. No harness or other required.

Most outboard engine boats require a harness that attaches to the boat on each side of the engine.

Wake board towers can attach directly without a harness.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Outboard, generally harness. Outdrive generally a hook. That is if you are attatching to the stern of the boat.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

And for max performance and least impact on boat handling, the harness should have a wheel/float hootus where the ski rope connects. Packaged harnesses probably have everything included with the snaps, harness rope and hootus. Grin

Mark