What kind of boat to look for?

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer
I will be getting rid of my old 72 Glastron shortly and would like to pick up an inexpensive boat I can take out on the ocean. What kind should I look for? My only requirement is a deeper v-hull. I don't care how slow or comfortable as I have my Four Winns for that. What do you guys recomend?

Tubingluvr

Chief Petty Officer
Re: What kind of boat to look for?

what model glastron I may be interested

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer

It is a 1972 Glastron V-177 with the AQ130C-270 Runs great, u-joints making a little noise when turning. small spot of rot in the floor, other than that it has been pretty well maintained since new fluids and all. and a little ugly.

Tubingluvr

Chief Petty Officer

nope only interested in Glastron Carlsons from the 70's, I think I'm turning into a collector.

xxturbowesxx

Chief Petty Officer

I would suggest an older 18-20' center console and seatow(or whatever is common in your area). Engine condition is very important stranded at sea can be life or death.

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer

What do you guys think of a 22' aluminum starcraft with an I/O mercruiser 1969? I found one down the street for $500

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Do you really need to ask what we think of an aluminum Starcraft on this site? :)

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer

Do you really need to ask what we think of an aluminum Starcraft on this site? :)

I like it alot but I got shut down by the other half until I get rid of another toy, Only alod so many at one time. I was gonna buy it and let it sit at a buddies house but decided against it for now.