Did I actually get a factory manual or get snookered

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander
Bought a cd manual from e-bay. Seller is sending cd, but also included a link to download. Sure doesn't look like a factory manual. Isn't Seloc the manuals with "good word" and "special note" sections throughout? Not really a big deal since I only paid 7.00, but I will leave negative feedback.

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Did I actually get a factory manual or get snookered

Well the seller contacted me back. It is not a factory manual. I'll keep it for now and look for the real thing.

Expidia

Commander

Don't know about the one you bought but don't use Seloc manuals as a yardstick!

I bought one and as others have noted they are pretty much useless beyond the minorist of repairs.

I found it useless for instructions as simple as an impeller change. I threw out $30 on that manual.

The Merc guy who worked on my 25 hp 2 stroke said if the Seloc manual covers all outboards 2.5 hp to 200 and is only a 1/2 inch thick how specific can the instructions be. He said there were some good ones on DVD.

But he said the only one to get in paper form is the actual factory manual that is specific for your motor . . . He was right!

But I have heard that those manuals that come on DVD's are pretty good. Maybe you will get lucky. Please report back when you receive it. I'd like to get one too!

He was right!

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

I wasn't using Seloc as a yard stick, I was asking if the Seloc manuals had those sections I asked about as I think that this is a copied Seloc manual. I actually thought about it for awhile and felt that the price wasn't the issue but the deceptive ad. Out of prinicple I asked for a refund and got it.

Expidia

Commander

I love Ebay but you have to pay real close attention to sellers descriptions. Many will mislead you. How high was the sellers feedback score.

I just bought two Desktop cradles/chargers off Ebay for the Blackberry Tour. This PDA only came out last week and I jumped on these two cradles.

Rim Blackberry's parent company just started shipping the OEM ones. After I purchased the two off Ebay I wondered how this seller was selling them before Rim was even shipping yet.

I re-read the description I realized they were knock offs.

Now I have to pay postage to send them back.

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

The description actually said full factory repair manual with exploded parts diagrams and flat rate manual. There were no parts diagrams or flat rate manual in the download. I think that it's every seloc manual made for johnson motors, it's 3088 pages.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

it is very simple when buying a manual, ask the seller if it is the OEM Johnson manual. most of the time if it is not, they will not answer you.