chrysler outboard 3.5 HP parts

unclecisco

Recruit
hi my name is Anthony, my uncle has an older boat with a chrysler 3.5 HP outboard motor mod.# 303 ser.# 3779, full speed range. the motor runs but it wont cool itself, seems like its not pumping water we think we need a water pump assembly kit or water pump. i've check iboats and laings websites for these parts and had no luck. im very intrested on any info about this motor and where i would be able to get this particular part. i think the boat may have been made in the 60's.

bluegill123

Recruit
Re: chrysler outboard 3.5 HP parts

Anthony, do you have a service manual for the motor , and does it show a water pump or impeller or list one ?

Zachattack13

Cadet

i have a model 301 and it has no water pump, water is forced in through a tube by the propellor(crappy design), would you happen to know the fuel mixture and plug type on you engine?

unclecisco

Recruit

thanks for the info, no i dont have a service manual for this motor. Where would i be able to get one? we will check to see if the tube is plug up!

wickware

Lieutenant

Hello Anthony, I hope your project is going well. Does your motor look anything like this old troller? It came with a boat a friend purchased. From a glance we wondered how it cooled since it does not appear to be air cooled. I'm wondering if this is one that the propeller forces water up a tube? I see 2 tubes close to the propeller. The larger open one I felt could be the exhaust and the other is not open. There is a short tube closer to the engine that could have something missing from it. Can anyone provide links that will have info on this motor or personal info, if you recognize it? There is a tag that might reveal the ID# and info if we can clean and read it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• Boat Project 12.JPG
    Boat Project 12.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Boat Project 13.JPG
    Boat Project 13.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 0

paroux

Recruit

I have the same proble with the same engine. Is your trouble solved?

Thanks

wickware

Lieutenant

Too Many Projects!! No problems were solved and the motor has not been touched in months. If and when any progress is made, ?I?ll Post?!

Take Care,
JOW