Boat Dealer Inventories

bl43dej8

Cadet
If a boat dealer in your area does not have the boat you want in stock are they willing to go to another dealer out of the area to get an in stock boat from them if they are unable to order you a boat from the factory?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Boat Dealer Inventories

99% they will charge you for it. they would rather move there inventory, and get it off their Financing Floor Plan, than go get another boat. but a sale is a sale.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

A dealer will do most anything to make a profitable sale. Same with a lot of things. Boats, cars, trailers etc. So if you have the money they want then they will do whatever it takes to get it from you.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

99% they will charge you for it. they would rather move there inventory, and get it off their Financing Floor Plan, than go get another boat. but a sale is a sale.

I agree 100% and with the internet as a shopping tool ...... a dealer should do their best to secure a sale! If a dealer does not ....then find one who will ;)

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Six years ago when we bought our new boat, the one we wanted had too small of an engine package. We asked them to get us something bigger and we would pay them for it now.

They replied, "You can buy this one or go somewhere else."
I don't think they realized we were serious.:mad:

Went to another marina, bought our boat with cash. Two days later (when the dealer had it prepped and ready) picked it up and drove to the first dealer. :eek:
I think they would consider finding what the customer wants NOW.