michael jackson dead at 50

mphy98

Lieutenant
Didn't like his personal antics but his music was good in the 80's. Sadly he died today.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral
Re: michael jackson dead at 50

I agree...Sad thing..But even sadder is Farrah Fawcett passing away today as well..As a kid growing up she was the "list"! The famous swimsuit poster that wouldnt raise an eyebrow today was THE poster back then..

I guess as a celebrity, you can be upstaged on the day you die just like in real life.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Comes in 3's Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

I see it as one less pedophile in the world.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Most true genuises have been eccentric, and Michael certainly was eccentric. I didn't care for his art but recognized it as raising the bar by a big jump. Michaelangelo was like that.

Farrah was. . . . . .just spectacular. So spectacular that her skill as an actress was often not recognised. Even many years later her performance in "The Burning Bed" chills me to the bone. I remember that more deeply than the fluffy Angel who was sooooo much fun to watch.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Most true genuises have been eccentric, and Michael certainly was eccentric. I didn't care for his art but recognized it as raising the bar by a big jump. Michaelangelo was like that.

So are you comparing Jackson to Michelangelo? I hope not.

MikDee

Banned

Ed McMann, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson,
So Sad, All three left their own indelible mark in history for the better, they will be missed :( RIP

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

It's been quite the week for celebrities passing !!!

JustJason

Vice Admiral

Did you guys hear that he actually died from food poisening?

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

Did you guys hear that he actually died from food poisening?

Nope, I heard coronary arrest, which is not to be confused with a "heart attack. Coronary arrest is a sudden and complete stoppage of the heart. It is often associated with accidental or intentional drug overdose.

Landscaping Wiz 808

Chief Petty Officer

I grew up in Philly in the '80s and there was a radio station that only played old Motown and R&B that always seemed to be on in the backround. I never cared for his newer solo newer music, but every time I hear "I'll be there" or "ABC" I can close my eyes and go home...almost.

BOB

scipper77

Commander

As far as the pedophile thing, I have learned not to judge people. Unless you were there you don't know what happened. (OK I'll admit I wouldn't leave him alone with my children).

Micheal Jackson the artist was one of the greatest ever, period. I was stunned when I heard of his passing!! I was a child of the 80's and I am surprised how much it affected me when I heard the news. My condolences go out to his family who must be going through a lot right now.

JustJason

Vice Admiral

He really did die of food poisening.....

He ate an 8 year old weiner..... :)

Bada bump.

ziggy

Admiral

i've never cared one way or the other for mj. + i never liked his music, then or now, and i certainly aint loosing any sleep over it.
only thing i'll give him credit for was being smart enough to buy Lennon/McCartney copyrights.. that was a good move on his part. a bad move on the Beatles part...

jonesg

Admiral

I just have to scratch my head when people start talking about his art or music.

The words hideous evil comes to mind, not thriller.
I can't hear his music over the din of what he liked to do.

thurps

Chief Petty Officer

Michael Jackson patened his dance moves. Wonder what Neal Armstrong thought of that?

HAV2FISH

Chief Petty Officer

I agree...Sad thing..But even sadder is Farrah Fawcett passing away today as well..As a kid growing up she was the "list"! The famous swimsuit poster that wouldnt raise an eyebrow today was THE poster back then..

I guess as a celebrity, you can be upstaged on the day you die just like in real life.

I was reading in the local paper yesterday and it stated that Farrah Fawcett famous swimsuit poster is still one of the top 25 selling posters in the world. I admit i still have one right next to the one of Bo Derrick in 10.:D