pin in the manual tilt trim

Jeremy90bay

Petty Officer 1st Class
Im new to the whole boating thing. I have a 50 HP force. When I got he boat there was a pin that goes through the tilt. there are 5 holes in the bracket. the stupid question is does it matter which one it goes in? and also whats its purpose? Thank you for your help, sorry if this is a stupid question.

djsforce

Seaman
Re: pin in the manual tilt trim

The pin and the holes you are referring to allow you to tilt the motor at slightly different angles against the transom of your boat. Experiment to establish the best performance for your particular boat. As an example, I also have a 50 hp and with my tach I reach max rpm when I put the pin in the second highest tilt position. If the pin is in the lowest position (closer to the transom) I can't reach max rpm.:)

Jeremy90bay

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thank you very much. That was what I thought but never hurts to make sure. Thank you again.

Jeremy90bay

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry another quick question the pin has to be out to lift the motor for removal and transport of the boat correct?

kcfdguy

Recruit

Hi I have another question that goes along with this. I have a 1975, 75hp. Chrysler o.b. it has a small metal spring loaded plate in the same area as the tilt pin. What is this pin and which position should it go? Outside (motor side - under pin ) or inside ( over pin - boat side) Thanks for any help... You that have the knowledge and share it are GREAT!!