How Long Will I be able to

por2gezo

Cadet
Run a Stereo running 4 6.5 speakers along with a 300 watt amp running a Sub woofer for on a single battery

Group 29 battery ... 875 Cranking Amps and 125 Amp Hours.

mmccoy555

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: How Long Will I be able to

Not very long at all unless you have capacitors. I wouldn't give it much more than a half hour to an hour.

por2gezo

Cadet

anyone have the same setup ? anyone can help ? bump

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

300 watts will pull about 25 amps. You have a 125 AHr battery. That says five hours but I'm betting you get a low voltage shut down at about 2.5 hours.

flargin

Chief Petty Officer

also, if this is your starting battery... you may run into other problems before that... i.e. unable to start your boat.

chrclo

Seaman Apprentice

I have a very similar setup. Silvertip is correct in the calculation. As for the capacitors they are used for quick discharges and will not help you last longer on the water. In fact most pro installers/competition audio guys feel they are completly useless. The best bet is to have a second battery if you dont already. That way you can make it back to shore!!!

bds85466

Petty Officer 1st Class

theoretically, how much would you gain if you disconnected the sub?...just ran the two/four speakers (depending on how they were rated)? I would guess the 300W sub + amp would be the most of the work, right?

I've always wondered that myself, running a cd deck into say 2 25W speakers.

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant

If your intention is to listen to nice music clearly at moderate volumes then your 300 watt system will play a long time.

If a sound gets louder by 3 decibels or "slightly louder," it takes twice as much electrical power from your receiver or amp to produce that modest increase. Therefore, a 100-watt amplifier will produce sound only slightly louder than a 50-watt amplifier.

The amplifier must deliver ten times as much power to double the subjective loudness. Therefore, every 10-dB increase in acoustic loudness--from 80 dB to 90 dB, or 90 dB to 100 dB--requires ten times as much electrical power in watts.

If your intent is to play ear slitting volumes than your batterys not gonna last.

Thajeffski

Master Chief Petty Officer

Anything with an AMP requires some kind of recharge.

I've run my "system" with no amp for HOURS and still had juice to start it.