Florida Get Together 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
OK, ya'll want another one.

i need suggestion. preferable with swimming for the kids, and availablity to leave boats docked. how about April 23, 24, 25 2010. it should be cooler, deer flies not out yet. i also gives us a reason to get our boats ready for the summer.

it has been suggested somewhere on the St Johns.

here is the thread to 2009. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=291501

nlain

Commander
Re: Florida Get Together 2010

Date sounds good to me. There are a couple places that could fit the needs of all our camping styles, tent, camper, motorhome or motel and right on the water. TD said he was looking at something near Astor and both of these are in that area. The two I looked at online are Blair's Jungle Den Fish Camp and Parramore's Campground and Fish. Blair's had pricing online Parramore's did not have pricing online.

tashasdaddy

When i went down in Feb, to see Lake Griffin, i visited both these.

Blair's Jungle Den Fish Camp will not allow tent camping, they were very unfriendly. had all kinds of signs that you cannot do this and that.

Parramore's Campground and Fish, is more of a trailer park, the have a small area for camping, very commercial, no privacy. a lot of permanent residents.

i found http://www.astorbridgemarina.com/lodging.html the friendliest, will to try to accommodate us. i have requested info, to post.

nlain

Commander

Looks like a good place.

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Blair's Jungle Den Fish Camp will not allow tent camping, they were very unfriendly. had all kinds of signs that you cannot do this and that.

funny they cater to the Harley dirt bag crowd 3 times a year for the bike week events, that's like noise hell...lol :rolleyes:

the place you picked is also no pets in the rooms, can you find out more !

thanks

tashasdaddy

i will be going back down there soon, will discuss more with them. also that is not the decided place, STILL WANT SUGGESTIONS.

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

what about looking at 2 options :

maybe State Parks that have a lake/river and boat ramp and camping :
http://www.floridastateparks.org/Activities.cfm
just click the little icons and it gives you a list.

or smaller motel/resorts that have a marina ....that we can take over ( lol ) and stay for the weekend.

there area few resorts in the Crystal River / Homosassa area I bet we could reserve most of and they would cater to our group. Just an idea, its close to me so I can check it out.. lmk

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

funny they cater to the Harley dirt bag crowd 3 times a year for the bike week events, that's like noise hell...lol :rolleyes:

the place you picked is also no pets in the rooms, can you find out more !

thanks

Is there a boater dirt bag crowd...lol...
Had my first Harley at 19...awww I miss some of those dirt bag days..The ones I can remember at least:p

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

didn't mean to offend any of the Harley guys on here, just thought it was funny they allow bikers to roll bikes in the rooms at night, a friend told me, but they are worried about a little pet hair, housekeeping must really be slackers, I looked into that place before and its a real dump, plus TD said they have a bunch of rules now-a-days.....but no rules during the $$$$ money making bike weeks.....hope that carries them all year :confused:

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

The owners must be biker friendly and ignorant of boaters???
But hey..they must make enough too make the exception..sad though.

And no worries here RentProp1...No offense taken..Heck, I havent even been on 2 wheels for a number of years..
Guess I am on the 4th (outta 4) "B's" in a mans life;)

Beer
Bikes
Babes
Boats

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander

Hey TD -

Here's one for you to take a look at. Has pretty much everything close to it including a fancy new boat ramp opening up in a month or two. I know the drive might not be an option for some but just wanted to throw it your way.
http://www.floridastateparks.org/loverskey/default.cfm

Jerry

Nah - should of read a little before I posted. No overnight facilities. :(:redface:

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Kev,

I know - bummer for certain. Was just thinking that some of us down in this neck of the woods should do a get-together sooner. Yourself, Capt.Sam, Pine Island Fred - whomever. Shoot me a PM if the thought crosses your fancy.

tashasdaddy

sure if you can build enough interest go for it. i can only arrange one a year. it is a lot of work and coordinating.

bbp42d

Recruit

OK, ya'll want another one.

i need suggestion. preferable with swimming for the kids, and availablity to leave boats docked. how about April 23, 24, 25 2010. it should be cooler, deer flies not out yet. i also gives us a reason to get our boats ready for the summer.

it has been suggested somewhere on the St Johns.

here is the thread to 2009. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=291501

hello newbie poster here. how many people would be going? i am a river rat from way back and my wife and i just got a boat. on the st johns there is a place called andersons lodge. a bar and grill over the slips and nice cottages. minutes to salt springs and silver glenn:) just thought i would throw my 2cents in..

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

OK, i have only seen this on the computer, anyone close enough to check it out. Withlacoochee River, Cabins, RV and Tent camping, pool, docks. not outrageously priced.

http://www.riversidelodgerv.com/frame.htm

I can swing over and check it out, but think it will NOT work, the river in this area is about 2-4 feet deep and really only suited for airboats, however there is Lake Panasofkee ( sp ) near by, but again this is about 20 miles west from Lake Griffin, and in my book not any better, another 20 miles and your in the Homosassa River/ Crystal River area

tashasdaddy

bbp42d, could not find any real info on Anderson's. being in Welaka, on the east side of the river would make a really long trip for you westcoasters. you would either have to cross in Palatka, Astor, or Orlando.

bbp42d

Recruit

bbp42d, could not find any real info on Anderson's. being in Welaka, on the east side of the river would make a really long trip for you westcoasters. you would either have to cross in Palatka, Astor, or Orlando.

no website is up yet. new owners there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.