Parts Boat...or..Project #2

North Beach

Commander
Well, I cruise the internet every spare moment looking for stuff I need on the sunchief project. I knew, sooner or later, I was gonna come across something I needed like I need a hole in my head. And it happened!

At first I thought "HMMM-spare motor/outdrive/trim. But now that I done gone and bought the danged thing, I'm thinking maybe I do need a fleet of toys..........

It's in IL. about ten minutes off the trail I'll be driving back to Virginia in late May coming back from my bear hunt in BC and the guy's gonna let me pick it up then.

300 for everything including the rotted floor and no extra for the leaves.

Now I just need you folks to cast your votes on whether I should kill another winter bringin her back, or just pilfer the obviously neglected boat for some of these hard to find parts that some of us need.
Holiday1.jpg

Holiday2.jpg

Holiday3.jpg

Holiday4.jpg

Holiday5.jpg

Holiday6.jpg

And does anyone know what those two red hoses are for in the motor photo-I don't have them on my boat.

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Parts Boat...or..Project #2

I would def say parts boat. That looks like it has been in the weather for 10 years. I do like that instrument cluster, though.

APPALOOSA2

Petty Officer 1st Class

NB those hoses look like it once had the close cooling system. I believe they went to a steel resavoir cylinder shaped.

I would buy it and paint it the exact opposite paint scheme as your other one. White bottom , sea foam green sides.

I'm still waiting for your truck to be 2 tone those colors ! I think it would look sharp.

Don't be buying it and stealing the corners off it !

North Beach

Commander

LK,
I've already got a spare instrument cluster for one of these:D

AP, I'm gonna at least wait till I'm out of warranty on the truck. Sides, my paint skills ain't anywhere near that good.

Notice the white outdrive? I'm still tryin to figure out why the 66 isn't white.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

NB...

I really think I would like to see an OB hung on the back of her....

I saw a 16 foot SC in Daytona beach, really nice for 400.00..but Diane saw that look in my eye and let me know we aint having a boatyard round here...dang...:(

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

N B . Red hoses go to what was the heat exchanger. for cooling water to engine. Eng looks like a 140 chev. in line 4cy. easy to sell parts off of if still good. what length is the boat? looks like a 18 0r the older 22ft.

North Beach

Commander

PS, It's a 110 HP just like my 22 footer. This one's an 18 footer.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Unless you really like doing this restoration stuff for fun like Tashasdaddy, I'd say part it out. This boat isn't going to serve any different boating need than your 22'. Maybe if it was an outboard bowrider I'd say go for it just for something different but this is like the same boat slightly shrunken!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Unless you really like doing this restoration stuff for fun like Tashasdaddy, I'd say part it out. This boat isn't going to serve any different boating need than your 22'. Maybe if it was an outboard bowrider I'd say go for it just for something different but this is like the same boat slightly shrunken!

Ya know..I think ol NB has the skills to make it exactly that Ezmobee..

Or whattabout a wicked CC skiff??? Like having the sports car AND the SUV in the driveway...

matthewp

Petty Officer 2nd Class

NB, I know you're not really debating what to do with this one ;) Hey, rotten ply and foam can be fun.... really.... I still have some oven cleaner left for when you get 'er down the bare hull. I'd be happy to share it.

BIGcarpy50

Petty Officer 1st Class

i say go for it.....although i am about to give up on mine....i think we need another good project to get us through the winter....if not for yourself...do it for us.

APPALOOSA2

Petty Officer 1st Class

Do it up for the kids :D

They aint touchin the 22footer :mad:

sandblaster

Recruit

my 16' starcraft nassau is not big enough for us and i really don't like outboards, so you can sell it to me and i will restore it.

APPALOOSA2

Petty Officer 1st Class

NB do it in the same exact colors but opposte white on botton and then the seafoam green.;)

William T. Rice

Recruit

Hi North Beach,

Can I put in a shameless bid for one of the transom corners? I need the port side for a Jupiter 16 I'm restoring.

Thanks,
Bob LaBla

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Hi North Beach,

Can I put in a shameless bid for one of the transom corners? I need the port side for a Jupiter 16 I'm restoring.

Thanks,
Bob LaBla

then where would NB get his replacement hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?:p

halas

Petty Officer 1st Class

Take the good parts off of it (like aluminum trim etc.) and store the hull if you have the space.
The aluminum will go back up again in a few years then sell it for scrap and get your money back. I'd rather be bear hunting than working on a boat I don't need. By the way: are you still going to make those original style Starcraft emblams? I could still use one set.:)

geedubcpa

Petty Officer 1st Class

The best part of boat restoration is all the mulch you get from the flooring...so go ahead and demulch this boat for the sake of the GARDEN.