Water Fuel Seperator

Trexmarc

Cadet
Hello, I have 1997 Honda 25hp,tiller,manual start on a 15ft jon boat and I would like to install a water fuel seperator. Would someone recomend one for my Honda. Also are there any installation instructions on the internet. thanks,Tom

Nick on the Bad Habit

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Water Fuel Seperator

I have seen a low cost unit at Walmart, or you can get the Racor with the s3240 element. The Racor will cost about double, but is the best on the market in my opinion.
Nick

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

There is a very compact affordable,and functional unit offered by Racor and availalable online here that could fit your needs nicely.Check out #025rac02 on this page.For small applications,I love this little filter.

Trexmarc

Cadet

Thanks very much. I saw the Racor 025rac02,but I did not know it would seperate out water. Tom

Rocky_Road

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks very much. I saw the Racor 025rac02,but I did not know it would seperate out water. Tom

It does seperate water...but you would have to be on the lookout, since it's small size will limit how much it will hold before it allows additional water to 'pass' through. The clear bowl will show you what water has been filtered...just be sure to empty out the water on a regular basis.

Racor pretty much 'wrote the book'...but their pricing reflects this!

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

It is a small filter but it allows you to visually monitor what you have going on in the way of water contamination,plus the flow rate is compatable with the needs of your fuel pump.You can choose to go a little bigger but then mounting location and vaccume draw can become an issue in that horse power range.

Trexmarc

Cadet

Hello, Any tips on hooking up the filter? What is the ID of the Honda fuel line? What fitting might I order when I order the filter? thanks,Tom