Pistion Problems

tcan

Cadet
Could someone tell me where to find a new or used set of piston's to fit
200TL79A . I only need 2 piston's Would a 1970ish 75 horse V4 piston fit? The 75 runs to good to use for parts would consider trade for good 200 parts power head.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Pistion Problems

new here, http://shop.evinrude.com/

used
Salvage yards.
sea-way.com
outboard-parts.com
laingsoutboards.com
tcoutboard.com
fairwindsmarina.com
salvagemarine.com
marinepartsoutlet.com
Superior Marine (800-338-9281)

5150abf

Vice Admiral

What TD said but,,,

if you are that far in do yourself a favor and use new parts, in the long run "Saving money" on parts rarely ever saves you anything as it doesn't last and you just have to do it over again if it doesn't kill something else and cost you even more, this is from many years of experience "saving money", do it right or do it again.

My 2 cents, carry on.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Just a couple of things to keep in mind - they didn't make a V4 75 hp in the 70s. Back when they did the piston for that and a 200 cf is very different. If you need pistons, you're going to be way ahead to order new ones as mentioned. new pistons will come with rings. If you got used pistons you'd have to buy rings anyway so there's no saving there. Putting a used piston in an unbored cylinder spells disaster most of the time.

Bore it, get your new pistons and have a great and reliable motor. Consider your saftey and the safety of those who ride along.