QC The Boat Inspector ROCKS!!!!

bigD1031

Seaman Apprentice
Here is the low down on QC and how great of a guy he is......

I have been in the market for a Yamaha AR230 for about six months now, just waiting for the right one at the right price to come along. I knew it was going to be out of state as here in New Mexico private sellers and dealers both ask for ridiculous amounts for boats.

Well I finally found one in Burbank California. I had the choices of flying out there to look at it myself, buying sight unseen, or paying someone to check it out in person. I got to thinking and decided to post up on here and see if anyone was willing to take a look at the boat for me in return for some $$$. QC stepped up and said he would do it for a small fee and volunteered to do it the very next day, talk about prompt. I also have to state that with how knowledgeable he is and looking at his posts on here I actually felt better having him go out and inspect the boat vs. myself.

Well long story short, or shorter, he went and inspected the boat and did an outstanding job, I think better than I would have done or been able to do. The salesman I have been dealing with said he has seen surveyors come in and spend less than an hour inspecting the boat and charge $500+, basically do a crap job at a premium price. He said QC did the most thorough job he had ever seen and really took some time inspecting it. QC called me before and after the inspection and gave me a run down of the condition of the boat and what he thought of it. He also sent me tons of great pictures of many different areas that a potential buyer would want to see, hull, storage areas, trailer, battery, interior, exterior, engines, bilge, and everything between.

So with the outstanding job he did and in such a short amount of time he did it in I have to say thanks QC!!! I really appreciate the job you did and was extremely impressed with it. (As was the salesman.) So if anyone on here needs something like this done in the LA or surrounding areas contact QC. He will do a great job and give you a thorough run down on what you may be getting yourself into.

Thanks again QC, I owe you a beer or a dozen.

And I bought the boat, just have to pick it up now.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Re: QC The Boat Inspector ROCKS!!!!

QC is a stand up guy for sure!! We need more like him!

Congrats on the new boat...:D

Bondo

Staff member

Here is the low down on QC and how great of a guy he is......

Ayuh,.... No Surprizes here,.....:D ;)

Quiet Cat sure Is a Quite a Guy.......

QC

Supreme Mariner

Big D is OK himself. Pretty hard to mess up an inspection of basically a brand new boat that has been sitting two years stored inside . . . ;)

I have to say I was determined to find something wrong . . . I found one loose hinge :rolleyes: Through bolted, but it had worked loose. I have to say that Yamaha did a pretty good job with the AR230. Cool things like the impeller (Jets) inspection hole plugs, and the fire extinguisher storage at the helm, and a little fused lead off the battery (needs two) for accessories, and in my case a DVM.

It was basically fun except I was hoping to take her for a spin. With twin jets I was thinking spin literally and figuratively . . . :eek: :D

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

Seriously nice to hear how good these Iboat members are ;). One Iboat's member had up and offered me help before without me asking for help. It is great to know that there are still honest, helpful, and lagitimate people out there in the world, EVEN THOUGH the offer from the member might not go through I'm glad he offered a helping hand.

QC can tell ya I've pestered him in the past with emails asking about his boat hoist framing and how he was doing with it :D. Although I can't remember what he finally settled on for the materials, wasn't it I beams?

oops!

Supreme Mariner

now now.....we need the quiet cat here.....we want his head to be able to fit thru the forum door ! :D

way to go kev. ;)

and congrats on the new boat ! :)

on a side note......there is a few boating forums on the web........but the guys here, are close........the respect they get is well deserved.