Equality of the sexes . . .

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Equality of the sexes . . .

for 45 minutes after my posting, we looked for Hearing Aids.
They should make them with a little beeper on them so . . . oh, wait, that wouldn't work . . . Bwahahahahahahahaha :p Sorry, that just struck me as funny . . . :redface: :)

Reminds me of one of my favorite blonde moment stories from my beautiful, jewel deprived, blonde wife. I think we were in DC and they have those beepers on the crosswalks (we don't have them yet in CA). And she says, "what are those for?" and then answers her own question, "oh, yeah, they're for deaf people . . ." :D

To those of you that have accused me of losing my jewels in this transaction just let me point out that I have not lost my brain . . . First, you're full of carp. Second, why in the flyin' flip would I stand up and suggest that she needed to take responsibility for all of her failings just like I do when I would then be sleeping alone? It is precisely because I have retained my jewels that I choose to spend my waining years upstairs instead of down . . . Ultimately who is winning in that version, huh? ;)

P.S. The spell checker is saying nyet to blondE . . . suggests blond. I am sticking with blondE. When did someone decide that the E was optional? Huh? I am guessing it was a blondie . . . :eek:

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

To those of you that have accused me of losing my jewels in this transaction just let me point out that I have not lost my brain . . . First, you're full of carp. Second, why in the flyin' flip would I stand up and suggest that she needed to take responsibility for all of her failings just like I do when I would then be sleeping alone? It is precisely because I have retained my jewels that I choose to spend my waining years upstairs instead of down . . . Ultimately who is winning in that version, huh? ;)

A little test'e are we QC?? :p;):D Or would that be test'e........................................................................................... less??;)

aspeck

Staff member

Yea, yea, yea, you can say what you want, QC, but if you were in the MAN CLUB you would have told her to find her own jewels, and then stop loosing them! (And still remained upstairs). :D

A couple months ago we went on a weeks vacation and when we came back my wife couldn't find her saffire and diamond tennis bracelet. Seems she hid it so if anyone broke into the house THEY could not find it. Now my blond wife is wondering where she hid them ...:eek:

I feel your pain, QC, but mine finally admitted what she had done. And it still doesn't make it feel any better knowing that the bracelet is somewhere in the house, just well hidden. :mad:

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

If my wife lost all that stuff, she wouldn't be getting replacements any time soon. I have to admit that when we go to the beach, I have to remind her to leave the rings and stuff home so it doesn't get lost in the surf.

QC, did you make a claim against the home insurance for expensive items like the tennis bracelet?

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

The sooner you accept responsibility for all the carp that happens to anybody in you home, the sooner you can go fishing.

Quit your bellyaching and go buy her another ring, she deserves it.

That response should be in every contract of marriage....and when the prideful young man smiles broadfully and looks lovingly at his future mate with no trepidation....thinking..." put the world on my shoulders".....the preist..minister or who ever is giving the vow's at that point should defer the young man to a 30 day counsoluing session on all of the implications of his misguided or innocent thoughts..;)

QC

Supreme Mariner

Actually, no, Mark, good suggestion. BTW, she'd try and make me file the claim, but I would stand my ground on that one . . . Funny thing is that it was aspeck that mentioned the tennis bracelet, but sure as ship it reminded me that she lost one of those too . . . :mad: :rolleyes:

QC

Supreme Mariner

That response should be in every contract of marriage....

At the last wedding we went to (Nephew's) the Maid of Honor did her toast to the Newlyweds. She asked the Bride for her hand, and then the Groom. Then she placed the Groom's hand on top of the Bride's and said "You need to understand, Nick, this is the last time you will have the upper hand." Best toast, advice and statement of truth I had ever heard. Got a big laugh too. I just hope my kinda selfsih nephew heard that loud and clear . . .

aspeck

Staff member

I couldn't in good conscience file a claim because I know it is in the house at the back of a drawer, or under something ... it is just not findable right now!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

QC just own up to the fact that you are whipped. I bet she even has a say in your clothes too........ Yup whipped!

oddjob

Commander

Hey QC, Cubic zarconia gets lost just as easily........BTW thanks for the memories of my ex-wife! lmao ......... except I wish she had lost the credit cards before she ran them up.... :(

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Doesn't matter how much some guys seem to whine......................you just know the lucky some britches have it made. ;);):)

oops!

Supreme Mariner

I am sitting here choking on my coffee laughing my fool head off at this thread and the responses. Dunaruna, you're killin me. LOL

I want to hear more before I respond. ;)

ok LF.....put yer fins on the table.....spill yer gills......lets have it !

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Doesn't matter how much some guys seem to whine......................you just know the lucky some britches have it made. ;);):)

oh yeah?......wanna come over for tuna cassaroll some time ?

LadyFish

Admiral

QC et al - if you want to ever hope of having a loving and trusting relationship with a woman (and I know many of you do) - you must get your act together and become accountable for your own actions! Stop blaming the woman - for your unacceptable choices and behavior. Lets get real!

Women are the most forgiving creatures on the planet! That is one of the great qualities of women. But, we let any man - prey and benefit from such a wonderful quality about us, and at our expense.

QC, you must stop using this wonderful nature about your wife - to get away with being irresponsible! As a woman, this is what is really so disgusting to me personally - about this whole exchange. It is clearly emotional manipulation - and it must be recognized, and not allowed any longer. I think men, who engage in this type of manipulation in their relationships - really ought to be ashamed of themselves. ;) HAHAHAHA

Truth is you NEVER, EVER lose your wedding ring because there are severe penalities associated with it. ;)

I never have been consoled for something I did wrong whether it was intentional or unintentional. Cause I'm never wrong. Well maybe once. ;) Anyway, if it were to happen, it would only serve as a distractionary method to get us off the hook for screwing up. Guess what? it works! :p

P.S. We don't really lose stuff, we just misplace it on purpose so we can get more. ;)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Why is it so many married men whine about it rather than thanking life for how good they have it?

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

Why is it so many married men whine about it rather than thanking life for how good they have it?

Ok, I'm gonna get ribbed for it but I have to agree JB, I got it pretty good with my wife. But following this thread, maybe its because she's a brunette;)

Women are the most forgiving creatures on the planet! That is one of the great qualities of women.

I agree women are very forgiving....I think the frequent reminders of what they forgave are what get men all worked up!:eek::D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

It's the grass is always greener deal JB. And from past threads I know you can relate to it.;);):) Besides men are sloooooooooooooow learners when it comes to the fairer sex.:redface::redface: