oil injection ??

brogden31

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i just got a 2001 115hp johnson with vro how do i make it where i can premix i have read to many post where this screwed the whole eng up

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: oil injection ??

if the fuel side on your Pump is still working it is very simple. unplug the 2 line harness going to the oil tank, unplug the 3 or 4 wire harness, going to the Vro pump. cut and cap the oil line going into the motor. add oil to fuel tank, mix well, then remove fuel line at top carb, catching gas in a container, pump the fuel line bulb until you get premixed gas to the carb. you can tell as it will change color. put line back on carb, and go boating.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Your 2001 motor did not come with a VRO pump but an OMS pump. Disconnecting it will disable some of the best protection systems available. With it working it will detect a fuel restriction, a possible engine killer, and compensate by pumping more oil. That won't happen with the oil side disconnected. It will also let you know if you're low on oil or if the carbs are not getting any oil at all. Neither of which you'll know about with the alarms disconnected. Well, you will know eventually.....

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Does that V4 have the "No Fuel" sensor? I thought that only V6 motors had that feature.

I agree with Dhadley, at least give the OMS a try before disabling it. I like the OMS system on my '98 Johnny 150HP. The mix is always fresh, and the motor runs about 60::1, and quite well. The warning systems (low oil, no oil, overheat, no fuel) give me confidence.