Slowed down :(

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade
So at one point my wife told me that i was addicted to iboats :eek: i was on here all the time, but now i've noticed that i log on and there isn't much going on :confused: I assume that is do to the fact that most of the members have winterized there boats and put them away so they just don't need help. I just don't know what to do, I look through the lists but there is generly not much that i feel qualified to chime in on. So i guess i will just Keep checking in every night and hope for somthing i know about and cound the days till spring when wecan get the boats out agian :(

T-O-Double-D

Seaman
Re: Slowed down :(

Don't be to worried about it, I get the same thing.
Just tell her that your looking for new ways to save money at your hobby.
Well, Thats what I say anyway. It takes some of the heat off.
I am relatively new to boating so I'm still learning lots.
I've even gone back in time to look at old threads to see what I've been missing out on all these years.:D

LadyFish

Admiral

So at one point my wife told me that i was addicted to iboats :eek: i was on here all the time, but now i've noticed that i log on and there isn't much going on :confused: I assume that is do to the fact that most of the members have winterized there boats and put them away so they just don't need help. I just don't know what to do, I look through the lists but there is generly not much that i feel qualified to chime in on. So i guess i will just Keep checking in every night and hope for somthing i know about and cound the days till spring when wecan get the boats out agian :(

Please feel welcome to initiate threads of your own. We talk about everything from the weather, wildlife in your area, hobbies, children and grandchildren, whats going on in your everyday life, etc. There is always something to talk about.

Don't wait for someone else to initiate a thread, go for it. You will find out that so many others here share your same interests. :)

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

Please feel welcome to initiate threads of your own. We talk about everything from the weather, wildlife in your area, hobbies, children and grandchildren, whats going on in your everyday life, etc. There is always something to talk about.

How about religion and politics? :D

Don't wait for someone else to initiate a thread, go for it. You will find out that so many others here share your same interests. :)

... and that some of those interests will quickly result in locked threads. :D

thurps

Chief Petty Officer

Winter is the best time for r/c slope gliding and aggate hunting for us that don't have lives. But wate, crabbing season opened early so dust off the boat.

ziggy

Admiral

How about religion and politics? :D
yer treadin on thin ice there sgtmag.... snicker snicker....

other than that, it does get slow here over the winter for us folks that are addicted. but even a little fix is better than no fix at all.... and no, i'm not looking to get into some 12 step program either. i'm just gonna live or die with my addiction.... :D

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

That guy appears to be from Quebec up her in Canada. Soon that lake will be too frozen to use that tub....:)

I'm with you ne7800. I'm addicted too but it seems that last few weeks to die down. Now I REALLY want a project boat to carry me through the winter and something to yak about on these forums.

I just used these forums to help troubleshoot my gas fireplace so as LF stated, you can get help from guys on here with anything. But like you, I feel like all the help I get here, I want to contribute something back in return, so I'll continue lurking :cool:

WizeOne

Commander

I sure wouldn,t want to sit behind that motor. That old tub looked to be a hairs breadth away from flying out of control.:eek:

Yeah NE, word has it that there used to be a lot more to keep the troops occupied during the winter, but no mow!

Hang in there though, like others have said it's a great place to learn, solve and share.

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

jump.gif

Speed Skiff's rule!!!!!!

MyPrecious1.jpg

oops!

Supreme Mariner

last winter i found that it was a good time to get to know the i boaters thru dockside chat.......

and besides.....with turtles neverending ability to fing cool stuff to look at how could we ever be board? :D

oops!

Supreme Mariner

looks likr that tub had some porposing problems.. trim tabs :D

all bath tubs need trim tabs :D

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

if only i had a heated work space i woul rip the interior out of my boat and re do it and i'm sure i could find plenty to talk about, but alas i'll be puttin th boat in storage tomorrow

puddle jumper

Captain

My wife says the same thing. But since shes seen the chat that goes on here she doesn't mind as much.

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

My wife is at work right now and she just text messaged me and asked what i was doing i told her i was on iboats she responded with "lol should have known"

mthieme

Captain

I strongly disagree! It needs a STINGRAY FIN TV antenna.

I agree.
Tabs aren't going to do a thing for you when you're a foot out of the water.
I had a flat bottomed hydroplane once as a kid without a sharkfin. When you went to turn, the boat pointed in a different direction all right, but you kept going in the same direction!

mthieme

Captain

Now there's a head turner.
Someone had waaaay too much time on there hands.