New (to me) motor! Thanks for the help!!

1970kayhydro

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok so i found a motor on craigs list and I can't email them.. Can someone figure out how to get ahold of these people? I want the motor... here is the link to the add..
mailto:sale-901913858@craigslist.org?subject=35hp%20johnson%20motor%20$60.00%20-%20$60%20(port%20huron)
http://porthuron.craigslist.org/boa/901913858.html

Edit: Beefer sent your numbers. your numbers and email are not allow in the open forum. next time sent a PM to someone, and ask for a favor.

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Give me some help here!!!

Why can't you email them?

1970kayhydro

Petty Officer 2nd Class

my puter just won't do it!!! I want this motor!!! It's got something to do with my dfault email.. could someone just send my number to them?
this is a great deal I think...

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

I sent him your numbers. Good luck!

oops!

Supreme Mariner

you are probably using yahoo or other for e-mail.....so when you click on the computer link on cl....it just comes up with a different mail thingy that your puter wont recognise because its not set up........

just c&p the link to your regular mail

1970kayhydro

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thank you Beefer!! OOPs i use netzero and what you explained is it. but that sounds like a steal! I will let ya know what happenes.

1970kayhydro

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well I got it. Its missing the motor cover and the shifter linkage cover. Its is a short shaft and looks just like the 40 long shaft I need shortshafted. 60 bucks I think I have that in parts and it has good compression. here is a pic..

1103081133.jpg

came with the stand and everything in the picture.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

How did you get it so fast? Congrats though. Have you tried to run it or are you just going to try to part it out? What type of motor is it? Just curious.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

holiday bronze makes it a Johnson.

1970kayhydro

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: New (to me) motor! Thanks for the help!!

The guy was only 2 miles from my house! Its a 35 hp johnson or evinrude. I am going to check if i can use the short shaft for my 40 johnson. Or maybe just use this motor. I'll try to start it later in the week. but 60.00 I couldn't pass it up. Beefer got him my number and he called me at 9 a.m. I called him back at 10.30 and went and got it. He's going to be on here most likely restoring his boat. I gave him the website and he said he will be checking it out.

1970kayhydro

Petty Officer 2nd Class

the numbers on the plate are RUE18 and 1382558 so i think its a 58?

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

Hey, glad you got it. He sent me an email with his #. Glad it all worked out! Now get that thing running, and let's see some pics. Oh, and if I'm ever in your neck of the woods, I get a ride. :D:D:D

1970kayhydro

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey if the short shaft works id'e give you the power head!! Im going to tank it in the next few days. The pistons look good from the plug holes. It looks to be in "ok" shape. It goes into gear f &r and the lower unit looks exactly like my 40 long shaft.

1970kayhydro

Petty Officer 2nd Class

well both cylinders have spark but it wouldn't fire off just wd40. I may just get a tank out later and I have good gas..