Another case of mistaken identity--Ended tragically

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Another case of mistaken identity--Ended tragically

sickening.

JustJason

Vice Admiral

I read it.... poor guy, and even almost sadder for his new wife and unborn child.
Without getting political or heated. A cop that shoots like that has got to go, plain and simple.

aspeck

Staff member

Very sad ... but not enough info to place judgement against the officer. This definitely needs investigated, and if the officer is found negligent than needs to suffer the consequences. I am sure he will have to live with the memory the rest of his life.

Sad, and you wish and hope that things like this would never happen. Prayers go out for the wife, unborn child, and victim's family, and also for the officer that did the shooting and his family.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Very sad event. Bears investigation. Passing judgement before all is known about it is a very bad idea.

Killing a person, up close and personal, is a very traumatic event, but if you believe that person wants to kill you, you kill him/her first and wonder about it later or not at all. It will still inhabit your dreams over 50 years later.

Windykid

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Agree, more information needed. :(

mthieme

Captain

Not good.
Doesn't look good for the cop either.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Tragic event for all involved.

"The four burglary suspects were detained and interviewed, but no arrests were made." :confused::confused: But lethal force was used?? :confused::confused:

Definitely call for a full investigation.

Splat

Lieutenant

not enough information here to pass judgement. There's more to this story than is reported.

Bill

QC

Supreme Mariner

Here is a missing piece. Apparently he was holding a "broomstick or a shower rod" . . . Seems significant.

LA Times Article

Tragic nonetheless . . . :(

CATransplant

Admiral

If you call the cops for stuff happening around your house, stay in your house. Don't go outside with anything that might be construed as a weapon. That seems simple enough.

The police do not know you, nor do they have any way to know that you're the owner or resident of the property.

Be safe. Call the cops, then go inside and lock your doors until they arrive. If you're armed, arm yourself inside the house. The police will come to the door and knock.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Hmmmmmm.....
I wonder if he voted yet?......:rolleyes:

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

Needs further investigation. Of course the media will sensationalize the story to sell papers and draw your attention.

Horrible for victim, his family and the officer involved.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Here is a missing piece. Apparently he was holding a "broomstick or a shower rod" . . . Seems significant.
(

Well, if he wasn't holding it when he got shot, he was by the time the EMT's got there.:D

CBC

Seaman Apprentice

Hmmmmmm.....
I wonder if he voted yet?......:rolleyes:

jawdropper.gif

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

Very sad ... but not enough info to place judgement against the officer.

I think this says enough: "Police Chief John Welter said the officer ran into Alexander, mistook him for one of the four juvenile suspects and shot him."

I guess apprehending the suspects wasn't on his agenda. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for killing criminals, but you gotta apprehend and convict them first... see, that's part of how our legal system works, for the very reason that you gotta make sure you've got the right person.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

Well, if he wasn't holding it when he got shot, he was by the time the EMT's got there.:D

Even if he was... an officer, well trained in hand to hand combat, also armed with a tazer... reached for his gun first. Why are we giving cops tazers if they are reaching for their guns first still? Are they only armed with tazers so they can torture confessions out of already subdued suspects?

Splat

Lieutenant

Even if he was... an officer, well trained in hand to hand combat, also armed with a tazer... reached for his gun first. Why are we giving cops tazers if they are reaching for their guns first still? Are they only armed with tazers so they can torture confessions out of already subdued suspects?

Your kidding right?

If your in a complex searching for a suspect and it's unknown what he's armed with, you'd have you gun out too, not walking around with your tazer.

Bill

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

i hope the county makes suer that the wife and child are provided for:(

kkr26

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It does not say why he mistook him as one of the burglary suspects, there has to be more to the story. Give it a day or two and see why the officer fired at the guy before everybody wants to hang the officer. This kind of thing is tragic on all ends.