Honda rpm adjust?

div4gold

Recruit
Can anyone tell me how to adjust the rpm at idle on the 130 hp EFI? I've looked all over the linkage etc and can't find any kind of adjustment. Maybe I'm blind but nothing is obvious like on a carbed engine linkage.

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Honda rpm adjust?

That idle speed is not mechanically controlled.It is set to spec at around 700 by communication between the sensors and the ECM.What are you trying to accomplish?

div4gold

Recruit

That idle speed is not mechanically controlled.It is set to spec at around 700 by communication between the sensors and the ECM.What are you trying to accomplish?

Well it's idleing at 1000 rpms. It grinds the gears when you shift from Neutral to forward. Other than that it runs perfectly.

BaileysBoat

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Agree with hondon, idle speed is controlled by the ECM.
A bad sensor could cause this. Could be caused by throttle cable is not hanging up. Have you got a manual ?
In general, their should be an adjustment for the base throttle setting/opening, but be sure, don't start turning screws. Each individual throttle body will have it's own adjustment, but don't touch!!!!

div4gold

Recruit

Agree with hondon, idle speed is controlled by the ECM.
A bad sensor could cause this. Could be caused by throttle cable is not hanging up. Have you got a manual ?
In general, their should be an adjustment for the base throttle setting/opening, but be sure, don't start turning screws. Each individual throttle body will have it's own adjustment, but don't touch!!!!

I was hopeing that this was something I could do myself. No I don't have a manual.