need help selecting Power Tilt-N-Trim

rsimmons42

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 1977 johnson 70 HP, runs great and lots of recent work completed, want to keep engine, only bad thing is manual tilt and trim. I don't know what tilt and trim to get. The model # is 70el77s. Will someone please tell me what model(s) to get, or provide a link.

Thanks,

rsimmons42

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: need help selecting Power Tilt-N-Trim

no i have not considered this option. it's more than i was originally planning on spending. but if there are advantages to this unit, it may be worth it. Do you have any experiance with it and is there any advantages.

PUP300

Seaman Apprentice

Rsimmons42 - I think you will find out that the CMC will be cheaper then any OEM tilt and trim. I am looking to and a Mercury Tilt and trim was over $1000 and that is just for the part no shipping or installation. CMC's customer service has been very helpful with information and guidance. Good luck.

rsimmons42

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks very much, for your help and advice....

2000WHITEGMC

Recruit

I put the CMC PT-130 on my 1989 Tracker with a 40 hp Johnson and have had no problems with it. Get a motor puller to lift the motor and swing it out of the way. Install took about an hour and a half with wiring and everything. Great kit. And was a really good investment. Trims fast and beats breaking the back trying to hoist the motor. Good luck.

john_in_nz

Recruit

If I fit a CMC unit do I have to reposition the steering system as well or does that stay as is. I've a ride guide system and if I need to extend it it will mean new control cabel etc.