1988 yamaha 115 ETLG foot removal manual??

Poorman

Cadet
First of all, Thanks for a great board with lots of info.
I have did a search and have not found the info I need.
I need to remove my foot to reseal and replace impeller. I have bought the Clymer manual but it is not real clear on where to unhook the shift rod. I need to know if it unhooks up under the intake manifold inside the engine section or when I drop the foot down will I see a place to unhook it?
Thanks in advance.

BaileysBoat

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1988 yamaha 115 ETLG foot removal manual??

I'm pretty sure it just slides out. Make sure it's in neutral.
I've done my 1988 Pro 50 and checked my F150 manual and they just slide out. Would it hurt to loosen the bolts and see what happens ?

Anyone else done this?

douglloyd

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Remove the bolts including the one behind the zinc and pull out.

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

It may be a little easier to remove if it is in gear, you can use the prop to wiggle the 'shaft some while seperating. Also if in gear you can rotate the impeller back to its proper rotation while putting back together. Just use pliers to rotate back to neutral along with shift lever when lining back up.
As mentioned, remove plastic cover on zinc skeg, remove skeg and one more bolt facing up. Pretty straightforward to do. Good luck! :)

yamamarinetech40

Petty Officer 1st Class

on Yamahas, i suggest neutral, has worked for me hundreds of times...as said before, there is one bolt under(above) zinc, zinc held on with long 12 mm from above, access by rubber cap....if foot is from saltwater use, will probably need help letting go if not done for couple of years...don't use a solid object to hit foot, fins, etc....easiest removal trimmed up all the way