The final count of the season

Maps

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Last year I had 56hrs on my engine wich cost me roughly 950$can for 913 litres of fuel . (17$/hrs)

This year 42hrs , 988$ and 675 litres of fuel . (23$/hrs) We did more tubing this year .

Gas at the marina this season was average 1.62$/litre , last year it was around 1.28$/litre .

hmm...

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: The final count of the season

I should keep a record like that. The most accurate I can get is last year it cost me a lot for gas. This year it cost considerably more.
I will try next season.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Wonder what it will cost next year ????
Any guesses ????

Maps

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Any guesses ????
All depends what will happen with the economy .
Just today the price of gas was up 20cents a litre ??
My guess is that for next year it wont go down , but hopefully wont go up either .

I'm thinking of selling my boat this spring in order to move into something bigger .
Maby I'll keep it , or maby I'll just sell it and wait...

Philthyphil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Any guesses ????

Again...:).... I don't care, my lady loves the boat. She told me to go ahead and sell her sled and the one I keep for her son. He is off to school and does not want to hang with the old folks anyway, and Barbara wants to skip this winter. So that will save me insurance on two sleds, save me two trail passes ,and what I can sell them for. That will buy lots of gas!! Less stuff to look after as well.

octane

Seaman Apprentice

Mine cost me about 17$ an hour this year for 17 hours (including 4 hours of engine break in) not too bad considering my old 2 stroke 70 hp was over 20$/hour, and gas was cheap then!

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

Mine averages around $20-25/hr but heads for $33-35/hr at WOT (which I have to be honest, I like doing)

I've put about 40 hours on it so far this year. Hard on the pocket book, but a hell of a lot of fun doing it.

Hate thinking about that stuff as it'll drive you nuts :p

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Again...:).... I don't care, my lady loves the boat. She told me to go ahead and sell her sled and the one I keep for her son. He is off to school and does not want to hang with the old folks anyway, and Barbara wants to skip this winter. So that will save me insurance on two sleds, save me two trail passes ,and what I can sell them for. That will buy lots of gas!! Less stuff to look after as well.

All kinds of money for boat gas then !!!!

plmskier

Seaman Apprentice

I was paying just under $5 per gal at the marina.....its gone down some...maybe $4.30's.... lol Don't want to know what the actual totals for the season are...but I HAD A BLAST ALL SUMMER ON THE LAKE....dreadin...the clean up for winterization...

Paul

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I was paying just under $5 per gal at the marina.....its gone down some...maybe $4.30's.... lol Don't want to know what the actual totals for the season are...but I HAD A BLAST ALL SUMMER ON THE LAKE....dreadin...the clean up for winterization...

Paul
I will be winterising our boat this weekend (unfortunately) Too much time away on business trips this season and not enough time in the water. I plan to reverse that next season !!!!!