Help With rebuilt boat!

shawngoodson

Cadet
I have A 27ft regal w/an Alpha one I/O mercruiser260,the engine is tuned...the boat weighs roughly 5000lbs and at WOT I can only get to 3600rpm I should be between 4400-4800.I have no idea what prop Im useing right know but I know I need a new one...please help!! thanks

rndn

Commander
Re: Help With rebuilt boat!

You need to look at the prop on your boat. It will be marked with a part number that will either cross reference to a pitch or include the pitch within the part number. Get the information and post it here and there are several people that will be able to assist you. Nobody can really offer up a pitch suggestion without knowing your current pitch. I will say that you have a rather large boat for the size engine so I'm sure you'll end up with a rather low pitch such as in the 13-15 inch range, but don't go out and buy a prop based on that.

APPALOOSA2

Petty Officer 1st Class

I use to have a 27' Bayliner with the same outdrive & engine as you. I had a 16 x 16 and worked mint. The year before mine came with a 15.5 x 15.5. but they changed them to the 16x16.

shawngoodson

Cadet

Going to the lake tomorrow and I am going to remove my old prop and take it to a local marine store and then I will make a new post of my complete problem and information....thanks for all the help I am really enjoying this website!